Gibson Brands Forums

QC Issue with new J45?

jeffroel

12 hours ago, sbpark said:

Exactly. You'd tell us what we should do because you know more than we do (in your mind). 

So you keep new stuff you receive that is damaged. I don't. That's my point. Let's use this scenario. You go the dealership to pick up your new Porsche. The front fender is dented. Do you keep it cause its still gonna drive fast?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, sbpark said:

Exactly. You'd tell us what we should do because you know more than we do (in your mind). 

I haven't told any of you what to do I said I would send it back. The OP came here for advice and before I got done reading his post, I knew there would be at least 5 "keep it' posts.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Here is the thing. If that was a post of a NDG and it was a Martin or Taylor or any other brand but Gibson you fan boys would be dumping all over it like you just ate a sheet pan of brownie's laced with laxatives, but since its  Gibson its okay and you would keep it and just rub some snake oil on it and its fine. Call a t-urd a t-urd  and own up that no one makes perfect guitars no matter what name is on the head stock. It s a $2700 guitar that make it through QC that probably shouldn't.  Remember Only A Gibson Is Good Enough. Dump on me or ban me I could care less. I'm tired of the BS double standard . Does Martin have issues of course they do humans make guitars not gods. 

Doc,  you have 21 posts on this thread.  The one above is representative.  They all say the same thing.

The OP in his first post stated   "I'm not returning the guitar as it looks and sounds amazing."      Eventually the OP was convinced to reverse course and return the guitar.   So, I don't see why you are still complaining about the  alleged  fan boy bias here. 

I think the 'issues'  you refer to above are closer to home than  Bozeman or Nazareth.  If you're tired of the BS double standard,  don't let the door hit you.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Doc,  you have 21 posts on this thread.  The one above is representative.  They all say the same thing.

The OP in his first post stated   "I'm not returning the guitar as it looks and sounds amazing."      Eventually the OP was convinced to reverse course and return the guitar.   So, I don't see why you are still complaining about the  alleged  fan boy bias here. 

I think the 'issues'  you refer to above are closer to home than  Bozeman or Nazareth.  If you're tired of the BS double standard,  don't let the door hit you.  

Nah, 40 years nose pickin,  I'll stick around and aggravate guys like you who think you own the forum and think they have the right to tell people they can leave and are not invited the party and don't let the door hit us on the way out. None of us pay dues here and its free on the internet to be here.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

hey Sarge -  Just saw over on the Lounge your announcement: Congrats on your NGD.  Getting another Martin acoustic.  Wow! 

That is how I roll. It must pain you to even type the word Martin.

You actually leave the comfort of YOUR acoustic section which you think you can dictate who posts there and invite them to leave if something is not up to your standard. I'm not the only one you have told to split. Your just a dude on a guitar forum, so am I. How you gonna make it without the back up of all your minions who hang on your every word.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

hey Sarge -  Just saw over on the Lounge your announcement: Congrats on your NGD.  Getting another Martin acoustic.  Wow! 

That is why I posted it in The Lounge instead of the Acoustic Section, cause most of you acoustic guys don't leave the comfort of your small little self absorbed kingdom. I'll probably be buying  a 00-18 in a day or so, I won't post it in the acoustic section either.

And really I'm a retired Senior Chief and served my county for 23 years what did you do for yours other than complain about who was the POTUS? And if you did serve I tip my hat and would buy you a beer in a bar if we met up.

Are you guys facebook  nerds, just type what is on your mind instead of posting sad emojis. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That is why I posted it in The Lounge instead of the Acoustic Section, cause most of you acoustic guys don't leave the comfort of your small little self absorbed kingdom. I'll probably be buying  a 00-18 in a day or so, I won't post it in the acoustic section either.

And really I'm a retired Senior Chief and served my county for 23 years what did you do for yours other than complain about who was the POTUS? And if you did serve I tip my hat and would buy you a beer in a bar if we met up.

Are you guys facebook  nerds, just type what is on your mind instead of posting sad emojis. 

Thank you for your service, Chief.   Me - 4 years active duty, USN.     I won't bite at the political bait.   

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Thank you for your service, Chief.   Me - 4 years active duty, USN.     I won't bite at the political bait.   

Nice I did 4 my self in the USN and 19 in the CG. Got made fun of by Navy fuks, which I was one of, for a while, but my life was better in the Coast Guard And while the Navy guys were gone we slept with their wives. I don't need to be thanked. But I guess I need to be to be told to  go fuk off and don't let the door hit me on the way out. Which I won't. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice I did 4 my self in the USN and 19 in the CG. Got made fun of by Navy fuks, which I was one of, for a while, but my life was better in the Coast Guard And while the Navy guys were gone we slept with their wives. I don't need to be thanked. But I guess I need to be to be told to  go fuk off and don't let the door hit me on the way out. Which I won't. 

go f off, dont let the door... cause you said you needed to be told....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Dear Sargeant; you exhibit all the characteristics of a peurile kid with Tourette's disease. Your badgering and bullying may amuse some here but I simply wish you would act your age instead of trying to shock all the little people here that you hold in such disdain. Put a cork in it. Please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, jvi said:

go f off, dont let the door... cause you said you needed to be told....

50 minutes ago, olie said:

Dear Sargeant; you exhibit all the characteristics of a peurile kid with Tourette's disease. Your badgering and bullying may amuse some here but I simply wish you would act your age instead of trying to shock all the little people here that you hold in such disdain. Put a cork in it. Please.

Both of you can get a hold of a moderator and have them kick me off  if I have over stepped my bounds and broken any rules, since neither of you are the Gibson Forum Czar. You just like me are a faceless person on fourm. JVC from the day we stated our little love affair you have been nothing but a Canadian PITA. Ringo Starr is a great drummer, but he is still a s-hitty singer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Both of you can get a hold of a moderator and have them kick me off  if I have over stepped my bounds and broken any rules, since neither of you are the Gibson Forum Czar, you can run your yaps just like I can. I'll say what I want when I want and how I want and comment on anyone post I want as long as it is within the rules you can tell me to leave all you want, but like I said you, just like me are a faceless person on fourm. JVC from the day we stated our little love affair you have been nothing but a Canadian PITA. Ringo Starr is a great drummer, but he is still a s-hitty singer.

you mean the day we STARTED I think....ringo is a  great singer , drums fine too...really tho , you could be less abrasive on this forum...

pita bread ? ouch...

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Violeiro said:

Guys, Sgt. Pepper has been kicked out of the UMGF site, that is what he does... he has the needed need to be heard, and that is how he does it.... just ignore, very little (if any) value added 

Where have you been. You were a mega Martin guy then I think you fell in love with J-45’s. I think the first time I saw one of your posts your dog destroyed a high end Martin.

No forum is too much different. The same c-rap get discussed here or there. Neck resets, binding issues. Taylor’s get posted and people slag em for owning them. The Guild site is the same way. Gibson has a QA issue everyone defend em. It’s all gonna get re- hashed in a few weeks and repeat.