Gibson Brands Forums

NDG : Warning Martin content, if you had sunglass on last time you may be safe.

Sgt. Pepper

Picked it up at the Fed Ex Store by my house on the way home form work. Gonna changes strings, clean the board and give it a polish. It has 13's on it and its gonna get 12's.  Nothing major to report. Typical surface scratches. I do not understand why Martin puts ebony pins on some guitars but not others. 00-18 ebony. HD-28V plastic. I have set of ebony that are going on and the end pin too.

BWwwLst.jpg

flnzo2R.jpg

NLFiy5e.jpg

duf8Fhw.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jdgm said:

Double congrats  -  nice back.   Hope it sounds as good as it looks.

I still think you need a J200 [biggrin]

I played one in Gruhns's and it did nothing for me and at the used price they wanted, they kept it. I had a maple Guild JF-30. Not really a maple guy. 

Just got done cleaning the fretboard, cleaning it up with Virtuoso Cleaner and slapping some Cleartone EQ 12's on it. The case needs some stickers. I am still not a fan of Geib cases. This is a nice one with the green non fuzzy interior. The case  weights about as much as a Les Paul.  I am a weirdo and like the thermoplastic ones.  I would rather have the one I shipped my D-41 in back . 

Nice D28 peppah.    back has a really nice bit of  hog there.

The case looks like one of the Cedar Creek Dread cases.   I have one just like it for my Yari Dy74, (which from a distance, you would easily mistake for a D28)  very good case and the Dy74 it fits perfect,   quite a bit f extra room at the head stock compartment but that's not an issue.

and Steve is right, you don't look well this morning.

Edited by kidblast
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

Nice D28 peppah.    back has a really nice bit of  hog there.

The case looks like one of the Cedar Creek Dread cases.   I have one just like it for my Yari Dy74, (which from a distance, you would easily mistake for a D28)  very good case and the Dy74 it fits perfect,   quite a bit f extra room at the head stock compartment but that's not an issue.

and Steve is right, you don't look well this morning.

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I hope you did the right thing and called in sick.

Two Martins in one week would keep me home for a pandemic.

I am on nights starting tonight and don't have to be in until 5pm. We are tying to finish up the test from hell. Stuff is breaking, special light and temperature sensitive  paint keeps chipping off the model. One more test after this for The Orion Space Capsule, and we go down for 9 months of maintenance. I slept in late an just took it out of the case. Gonna tune it and see if I need to tweak on the TR due to lighter strings. The case is a TKL. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper