Gibson Brands Forums

Cool band names. Let's see em.

Homz

Full Rolling Boil

I really like this one! (but mom was a home ec teacher, so I may be biased...)

Names I actually considered:

Darwin's Revenge

Fire Pie

The Roger Box

Schroedinger's Cat or alternatively I Killed Schroedinger's Cat (there may be a few people here--hopefully a lot-- who actually understand that)

Unfortunately, Homz and I (and our current drummer) were once in a band called "Maybe" as in...Live Music Friday night at 8:00 p.m. Maybe? And that was the coolest part of the experience.

So would you have been a band and at the same time not been a band?

I think the best response to the original post is at this link:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail16.html

You got it!!! LOL

And I love the links to the whole "band, not a band a band" thing.

I'm so impressed that so many people "get it" but I think it's even cooler that my kids undrerstand why that's a coold name!!!

Cheap Trick.

After all these years I still can't think of a better name for a rock band.

Works in so many different ways.

They really had it going when they played at a place in Las Vegas called The Joint.

"Cheap Trick, live at The Joint"

Nice ring to it, eh?

Friend of mine had a hard rock/metal band for years called Filthy Little Bastards.

When they were trying to come up with a cool name for their band, they had little success.

Somebody told them they needed a name to get attention right off the bat.

Something kind of 'in your face' ya know, like the filthy little bastards or something....

Hey....

So the Filthy Little Bastards were christened.

Some bands I played in: The Two-Fistin Whiskey Dicks, Chickenslippers, The Sh!tters, Dem Nassty Habits, Cookie Tuff & the Slutz, The Perfect Gentlemen (the stories I could tell you about that band...)

Other people's cool band names: Storyville Stompers, Asylum Street Spankers, The Poots, Twatstomper, Kajun SS, The Classy Gentlemen, Les Turds (actually a kinda clever bilingual pun), Scumfucs...

Archived