Gibson Brands Forums

My Absolute FAVORITE Christmas Song Of All Time!

DanvillRob

9 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

And it's a relatively recent song (1989) by Vince Vance & The Valiants, (Featuring Lisa Layne).

I'll give you a plus, I love that song And your 12 string. And it's not easy playing on the forum with so many watching.  Good job!

12 hours ago, Retired said:

I'll give you a plus, I love that song And your 12 string. And it's not easy playing on the forum with so many watching.  Good job!

Thanks.... I'm not embarrassed by my playing.... singing is mediocre (at best), but playing in front of other musicians never phased me.

We all have out strengths and weaknesses.... different preferences..... different styles..... it's all good.

I find myself drawn to music from early 20th century...and this song is structured much like many songs from back then.

I wish more people would post videos in here....  I learn and enjoy.

14 hours ago, Dave F said:

One of my all time favorites

Don't know who thinks they're doing what with that 45, but I(and most folks) first heard it acknowledged to-----

And still, my favorite Christmas song is this(and this version)----

Whitefang

10 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Thanks.... I'm not embarrassed by my playing.... singing is mediocre (at best), but playing in front of other musicians never phased me.

We all have out strengths and weaknesses.... different preferences..... different styles..... it's all good.

I find myself drawn to music from early 20th century...and this song is structured much like many songs from back then.

I wish more people would post videos in here....  I learn and enjoy.

Wish I could. Imgur never lets me in and when I try to change my password, It tells me, "NO, someone else has that name on here."  So I don't post photos & such. 

12 hours ago, Retired said:

Wish I could. Imgur never lets me in and when I try to change my password, It tells me, "NO, someone else has that name on here."  So I don't post photos & such. 

I used to use Photobucket... post my photos there...then simply drag them into a post on the forum....but then Photobucket seized my account....held it hostage unless I paid them money.... so now I simply send them to myself on a Facebook Messenger post...then drag them over onto here.....FAR less hassle.

Until finally(and probably the last one to) moving up from "dial-up" I found posting YT clips easier than I thought it'd be.  Like this clip....of a favorite Christmas song from my favorite ever Christmas album----

This LP came out in '57 and I grew up hearing it every Christmas season.  Can't celebrate the season without it.  [love]

Whitefang

5 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Until finally(and probably the last one to) moving up from "dial-up" I found posting YT clips easier than I thought it'd be.  Like this clip....of a favorite Christmas song from my favorite ever Christmas album----

This LP came out in '57 and I grew up hearing it every Christmas season.  Can't celebrate the season without it.  [love]

Whitefang

Well, Merry Christmas, ol' Friend.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 9:31 AM, DanvillRob said:

I used to use Photobucket... post my photos there...then simply drag them into a post on the forum....but then Photobucket seized my account....held it hostage unless I paid them money.... so now I simply send them to myself on a Facebook Messenger post...then drag them over onto here.....FAR less hassle.

I had photo bucket also and could post here.  I had a problem way back on Facebook and asked my son to fix it.  Yep, he just deleted Facebook so I couldn't see it any more. Lol. So I don't want him fixing Imgur for me. 

14 hours ago, Retired said:

I had photo bucket also and could post here.  I had a problem way back on Facebook and asked my son to fix it.  Yep, he just deleted Facebook so I couldn't see it any more. Lol. So I don't want him fixing Imgur for me. 

Some people's kids!

16 hours ago, Retired said:

He deleted FaceBook?  Kid sounds pretty smart to ME!  [wink]

Anyway, I suppose too, we could get around to mentioning Christmas songs we don't like.    Fro me, it's a fair sized list.  U there are Paul McCartney's and John Lennon's( {"Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" and "So This Is Christmas, respectively)

Paul's dweeb fest tune contains probably the worst synth work ever recorded,  and Lennon's reminds me of the Peter, Paul And Mary tune, "Stewball".   Just give a listen!  [wink]

And----

Not to mention that silly crap about "Beautiful Shoes". :rolleyes:

Whitefang

Just now, Whitefang said:

Anyway, I suppose too, we could get around to mentioning Christmas songs we don't like.    Fro me, it's a fair sized list.  U there are Paul McCartney's and John Lennon's( {"Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" and "So This Is Christmas, respectively)

Paul's dweeb fest tune contains probably the worst synth work ever recorded,  and Lennon's reminds me of the Peter, Paul And Mary tune, "Stewball".   Just give a listen!  [wink]

And----

Whitefang

Holy COW!     They're nearly identical!

My favorite is I Believe In Father Xmas by ELP and The Kinks - Father Xmas. The Waitresses - Xmas Wrapping was good too. Blue Xmas by Elvis is good too.

But those are not the same 10 standards everyone records, those bore me as I heard them the last 55 years of my life and now Xmas music starts to be played in July.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

And----

Whitefang

Actually, I asked John to remove me from Facebook long ago as I was tired of hearing  all the political arguments from Railroad workers. Instead of taking me off it, he just deleted the app so I couldn't get back on. "Problem solved he said."  No it wasn't solved. I still get stuff from it on my phone and they are always asking me to wish this and that person a happy birthday.  When I used to be  signed in, neither Deb nor John knew how to sign me off permanently.   Now, I can't get back in to figure out how? 

I love that "So this is Christmas" by John Lennon.