Gibson Brands Forums

Thief in Canada steals a new R9 by sticking his down his pants?

John P

The female Constable said she never put a musical instrument down her pants. I got a few retorts for that but let others have a go at it.

Genius. And now we know you don’t have to wear bell bottoms when stealing a guitar. 

Hey RBS isn’t that up your way?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

46 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The female Constable said she never put a musical instrument down her pants. I got a few retorts for that but let others have a go at it.

Genius. And now we know you don’t have to wear bell bottoms when stealing a guitar. 

Hey RBS isn’t that up your way?

Chief,

Yes it is.

The store is Cosmo Music, about 20 minutes from where we live.

I know from noodling in their upstairs Martin /Taylor rooms that some of the high-end instruments have electronic security tags, so was surprised that an expensive guitar like the one stolen did not.  

Because of Covid regulations, everyone entering the store must be masked, so despite security camera footage, it wil be more difficult to identify the thief.

Probably would be better if everyone entering the store was required to unmask in front of a camera.

I hope they catch this guy. This kind of $h1t hurts everyone. The store, as well as the persons who shop there.

RBSinTo

3 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Is that a guitar in your pants or are you happy to see me?

Not just a guitar, an 8k LP in his pants. Go big or home. I think he did both. Excuse me sir, but you didn’t walk with a limp when you came in.

GC locks everything up over $1000 and they are on the highest rung, so an employee has to get a ladder to fetch it down.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

lol, beat me to it

Actually, a woman in the clip beat both of ya.

9 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Was one a "Skin Flute"?

Also gives the term "Hairy sax" a whole new meaning.( all in how you spell it  [wink] )

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Excuse me sir, but you didn’t walk with a limp when you came in.

Answer:  "A limp what....?"  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 2

jerk..

I'm glad the SOB got caught.

Society is crumbling and the criminals are getting away with whatever they dam well please

The smash and grab stuff in LA and New York is off the charts. They are just getting a slap on the wrist and allowed to do it again the same afternoon. 

It's time to put a definitive end this BS.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kidblast said:

jerk..

I'm glad the SOB got caught.

Society is crumbling and the criminals are getting away with whatever they dam well please

The smash and grab stuff in LA and New York is off the charts. They are just getting a slap on the wrist and allowed to do it again the same afternoon. 

It's time to put a definitive end this BS.  

Our top notch government officials in DC are on it as we type, well no they encourage it in a way. For a while Portland was a nut house. How do a bunch of slackers with legal weed find the time to get up off the couch and turn off Scooby Doo to riot?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Our top notch government officials in DC are on it as we type, well no they encourage it in a way. For a while Portland was a nut house. How do a bunch of slackers with legal weed find the time to get up off the couch and turn off Scooby Doo to riot?

The state of affairs in DC right now is a clown show.  

and we don't hold our breaths waiting for anything to get better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kidblast said:

The state of affairs in DC right now is a clown show.  

and we don't hold our breaths waiting for anything to get better.

That's a good idea.  'cause if we did, we'd all look like these guys...

Whitefang