Gibson Brands Forums

Olympics

Sgt. Pepper

So Curling is pretty boring. 5 mins of two people taking, then they slide a stone tea pot on a sheet of ice towards a big bulls eye, and move a stick back and forth in front of it.

That's a sport? And one worthy of being in the Olympics.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

The Olympics suck, always have always will.  Like most things in life today, this one is in the reject bin by my standards.  I need more bins...  I remember the Nancy Kerrigan days when that crazy ho Tonya Harding hired a guy to break Nancy's legs.  Figure skating, another waste of my life to watch as the "winners" are those that are judged.... 

I remember having a Penthouse with Tonya naked in it from some leaked stuff or something...  Wow, those t-its are disgusting looking... the nipple to love bag ratio is way off. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

I think the Olympics are awesome and the opening ceremonies were nothing short of spectacular.  

It's funny up until 4 years ago I felt the same way about Curling, but we finally sat down and watched it and all of sudden we were hooked... lol.. Who would of thought a thing that looks like a circular block of cheese being navigated by two brooms sliding on ice would be so addicting for us to watch.,,, 🤨

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I’ve heard it from a reliable sluice- an aspiring professional - that  the IOC is considering Pole Dancing as the next “sport” they’ll add.  

You sure he didn't mean THIS kind of "Pole" dancing?  [wink]

And this old time kid's game is now considered a sport( saw it not long ago on ESPN)  [omg]

Maybe some day your grandchildren will be on the Team U.S.A.  Olympic SIMON SAYS  team!

Whitefang

The Olympics, like sports at all levels these days, has become a pathetic waste of time.  The IOC is a total joke.  And it appears that ratings for the Olympics are way down for those ******bags at NBC and the “woke” sponsors are suffering  as a result and this is rapidly turning into a major business fiasco for those involved.  It is good to see that many people, at least here in the States, are seeing the light.  

• Thanks 2

If you can’t wear the right suit you can’t play. I Thought this article was about the jumping suits of the skiers, but then they start talking about gender equality, and why does have everything have to come down to gender and race? They keep  shoving in our faces because they want controversy.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/08/1079212805/ski-jumping-suit-violation-winter-olympics

Here is the blurb in the article about it.

The controversy marred the Olympic debut of the mixed-team competition. Instead of celebrating gender equity — a main priority for Olympic organizers — the disqualifications "became the main topic of the day," according to the sport's governing body.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I think we need sensitivity training around here. I went through that BS when I worked for a big corporation. This and diversity awareness crap too. I just want to make some money - the little bit that I take home while these corporations make billions… our world sucks so bad… I don’t work there anymore. I work at a smaller company where we don’t talk about that crap. That’s what it is… crap. I just want a paycheck and go home at the end of the day. No job loyalty, just a paycheck. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I think we need sensitivity training around here. I went through that BS when I worked for a big corporation. This and diversity awareness crap too. I just want to make some money - the little bit that I take home while these corporations make billions… our world sucks so bad… I don’t work there anymore. I work at a smaller company where we don’t talk about that crap. That’s what it is… crap. I just want a paycheck and go home at the end of the day. No job loyalty, just a paycheck. 

I can’t imagine what it like now in the military. Um . . . Excuse me Colonel I identify as a cat. I won’t use the female bathroom, I demand to have a litter box.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I can’t imagine what it like now in the military. Um . . . Excuse me Colonel I identify as a cat. I won’t use the female bathroom, I demand to have a litter box.

Haha where do you go to the bathroom when you have a pegina? Damn me to hell but I think people that dress like the opposite sex are freaks. 

NC,   I like to say it's the fleas on the tail of the dog wagging us all.    But,  no WF, it's not Polish Dancing.   Of course, that would be too complicated even for the IOC>  Do you let other countries compete?   People with dual citizenship ?  DNA testing?   Or wonder about CULTURE MISAPPROPRIATION ? 

It's the other kind of pole dancing:   A former 4 year guitar student does it now and told me a couple of weeks ago she hopes it gets recognized as a sport.   I just kept my head down and kept eating my pizza and drinking my beer. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kidblast said:

I'm not watching the olympics.  I don't care.. at all.  I find it disappointing with the decision to have them held in china,  

but that's not why I'm not watching.  I just don't care.

We use to enjoy the Winter version much more than the Summer (regular?) version.    But, like the Super Bowl, it's just gotten too commercialized and politicized.  

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

We use to enjoy the Winter version much more than the Summer (regular?) version.    But, like the Super Bowl, it's just gotten too commercialized and politicized.  

yes,  the winter games were always the ones that caught my interest.  I love hockey too so.. there is that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kidblast said:

yes,  the winter games were always the ones that caught my interest.  I love hockey too so.. there is that. 

I think the thing that killed the Olympics is when Pro's (not hookers) started going and competing.  Those people are already the best at what they do and get paid well for it and have endorsements, now get medals for doing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think the thing that killed the Olympics is when Pro's (not hookers) started going and competing.  Those people are already the best at what they do and get paid well for it and have endorsements, now get medals for doing it.

Whoa.....    This will make the 4th time this year I agree with you completely on something.  

4 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Haha where do you go to the bathroom when you have a pegina? Damn me to hell but I think people that dress like the opposite sex are freaks. 

I have a photo of both my wife and I wearing T-shirts, Levi's and sandals.

So which one of us was the "freak"?   [cool]

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

We used to be divided on that.  My wife preferred the Winter Olympics because she was a figure skating fan.

I preferred the summer Olympics for the female beach volleyball.  [wink]

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Sho' 'nuff!   And I'm wondering, since they started letting professional athletes compete in the Olympics(basketball, hockey et al)  if the IOC had the decency to return Jim Thorpe's gold medals to his estate and his name in the record books?  

Whitefang

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I preferred the summer Olympics for the female beach volleyball.  [wink]

That is the best one, and my favorite part of a football game is cheerleaders. Life long Raiders fan. Ladies I'm here for a Raiderette - Sgt. Pepper sandwich any day of the week.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, kidblast said:

I'm not watching the olympics.  I don't care.. at all.  I find it disappointing with the decision to have them held in china,  

but that's not why I'm not watching.  I just don't care.

I am to the point where I avoid anything China at all costs,  it is nearly impossible , but on this, I have a choice, I will not watch these games

25 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You remember why pros were finally allowed to participate in the Olympic games don't you?

Because the Russians had Bern paying their athletes since the 1950s and getting away with victory after victory.

The last great winter Olympics were 1980 with the miracle on ice. 

But you are correct the use of pros is counter to the ideals of the games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1