Gibson Brands Forums

Olympics

Sgt. Pepper

On 2/8/2022 at 6:36 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

So Curling is pretty boring. 5 mins of two people taking, then they slide a stone tea pot on a sheet of ice towards a big bulls eye, and move a stick back and forth in front of it.

That's a sport? And one worthy of being in the Olympics.

All my life, I have never sat down to watch the Olympics of any sport. Ever been stuck in the hospital after surgery for a little over a month? At Olympic time? Talk about boring! Nothing else was on and my wife was glued to the set when she was up there.  Now that said, today we went to Goldsberg for lunch and that Curling was on and I found myself watching it. Not really bd at all but but that was just for lunch. Lol

Here is what the Olympics is . . . ever 4 years we watch sports that we usually never ever watch at any other time in our lives. There are a few exceptions like Hockey. Can’t remember the last time I turned on the TV in the hopes that figure skating is on.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Here is what the Olympics is . . . ever 4 years we watch sports that we usually never ever watch at any other time in our lives. There are a few exceptions like Hockey. Can’t remember the last time I turned on the TV in the hopes that figure skating is on.

Chief, 

You're right.

But I never miss the farting and tap-dancing Biathelon.

Keeps me on the edge of my seat.

RBSinTo

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I believe I mentioned my wife was really "into" figure skating.  She was uncanny in being able to find it on TV.  Anytime, anyplace.   I'd sit through it just to win brownie points by showing "support"  [wink]  But found it easier to take whenever this lady hit the ice---- [thumbup]

Or this young lady  [love]

They sure put the "figure" in figure skating.

Whitefang

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I believe I mentioned my wife was really "into" figure skating.  She was uncanny in being able to find it on TV.  Anytime, anyplace.   I'd sit through it just to win brownie points by showing "support"  [wink]  But found it easier to take whenever this lady hit the ice---- [thumbup]

Or this young lady  [love]

They sure put the "figure" in figure skating.

Whitefang

Katarina Witt is what I call a Yummy Mommy. She can to a triple what ever the hell those skaters do, in the sack with me anytime.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, kidblast said:

ya...  you no speak da good engrish..

Chinese is what's for dinner. I flew through Shanghai and Beijing airports on my way to and from The Philippines. I never wanted to get out of an airport as fast as when I had a layover there. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

So I just heard , last night, that the "Queen of Figure Skating", on the ROC, tested positive for a banned substance.  Really funny how Russia is banned, so they just call their team another name, ROC (Russian Olympic Committee) and still do doping and still get medals.  They should ban the ROC too and take away any medals they have already won.

Really got tired of hearing the announcers build her up so much, and praise every move she made on the ice.  Guess there's a lot of egg on their faces now.   

Not surprising.  The IOC would have never awarded an Olympic Games to South Africa during apartheid.  And going a step further, they banned all South African athletes, who had nothing to do with with the policy and/or implementation of apartheid, from even competing in the Olympics.  Yet this same governing body, since 1980 has awarded two Olympic Games to Russia and two to China, neither of which would ever be considered to be bastions of civil and human rights.   But this time around, NBC and the “woke” sponsors, are tripping over one another to jockey for position to best experience 3rd degree friction burns on their lips from the high-speed a$$ kissing of the backside of the Chinese government.  I guess claiming to be champions of civil and human rights only applies when it will have no effect on your “bottom line” or profit margin.  

And as far as doping, doesn’t Russia have a long and colorful history of doing this with their female athletes?  Wasn’t it not long ago where it was a running joke about female Russian athletes having hairy backs and other unusual physical attributes, most likely the result of anabolic steroid use?  No biggie.  I’m sure the IOC will award Russia yet another Olympic Games soon enough.

Edited by tx-ogre
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, GuitarsAnn said:

I like watching the different sports, but ignore the NBC BS. NBCs coverage sucks. I wish a different network would run the Olympics. But, alas, careful what I wish for.

Is a different network going to change the fact that ROC are a nation of doping cheaters, or the IOC is a committee of utter morons, or the the judges are crooked as hell?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper