Gibson Brands Forums

Did join me in saying get the boot?

Mr. Gibson

6 hours ago, Murph said:

Strats are thin.

Les Pauls are thick.

This ain't rocket science.

The nerve of Hendrix playing a thin guitar. 
Your right it isn’t rocket science. I worked at NASA and their Aerospace Engineers, not Rocket Scientists. At least that is what it said on their degrees in their offices.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your right it isn’t rocket science. I worked at NASA and their Aerospace Engineers, not Rocket Scientists. At least that is what it said on their degrees in their offices.

How do we know your aren't another reptilian,  you know, like Tom Hanks, and Bill Gates. 👽

Edited by jaxson50

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Or Meghan Fox drinking some equally weird guy's blood (but only a few drops)?

Here is a really interesting and sobering article on what your average Russian thinks about the war in Ukraine:

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2022/05/03/feeling-around-for-something-human

That's a really interesting article, thanks for posting it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Chief,

My old boss used to refer to those NASA types as "Rocket Scienticians", a term that always made me laugh.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

1 hour ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

My old boss used to refer to those NASA types as "Rocket Scienticians", a term that always made me laugh.

RBSinTo

Those men and women who work there are brilliant people, yet slip on shoes are difficult for them to put on.

7 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Or Meghan Fox drinking some equally weird guy's blood (but only a few drops)?

Here is a really interesting and sobering article on what your average Russian thinks about the war in Ukraine:

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2022/05/03/feeling-around-for-something-human

WOW !!!    Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid.  Obviously laced with Stoli.  Thanks for another great insight into what's going on over there.   Only read the first two chapters.  More like a book than an article.   It sounded like the extensive interviews and research produced insights that could be very comparable to what the Germans were 'feeling' in the 1930s.  Very scary a former super-power has convinced it's citizens it's ok to re-take territories that should be "Soviet",  and take pre-emptive strikes against 'our brothers who hate us and we have to hate in return.'     Especially enjoyed the interview of the gentleman shopping at the mall who suddenly fell he was being goaded and took down the investigative journalists information from his "Press Pass Badge".   Sounded like something that could happen here.  Lots of 'cognitive dissonance' after apparently a decade of full scale 'propaganda'.    They have loved ones in Ukraine - but have cut off all communication with them because 'they are so negative'.   Divisiveness on Steroids !   

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Those men and women who work there are brilliant people, yet slip on shoes are difficult for them to put on.

High IQ is no guarantee that one will be capable in other areas of life.

I know a number of very bright individuals who are absolutely unable to get along in the real world without constant help.

My wife has two close friends, one an ex-teacher, and her husband, a retired university professor, who act as if they had just arrived on this planet, and phone Mrs. RBSinTo practically every day for her advice and approval on the simplest of matters before they take any action.

RBSinTo

An ex girlfriends little brother went to Philips Exeter Academy for high school, then 8 years at Dartmouth. Mechanical engineer. I think he went back to college in the 90s and got  a business degree as well.  He stopped by the house when home on break from college. I had a 1955 Ruger Single Six on the coffee table. Unloaded of course. He plunked down on the couch, picked the Ruger up, COCKED it, LOOKED DOWN THE BARREL, and asked, "is this a real gun? Is it loaded?"

I said, squeeze the trigger and find out.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

An ex girlfriends little brother went to Philips Exeter Academy for high school, then 8 years at Dartmouth. Mechanical engineer. I think he went back to college in the 90s and got  a business degree as well.  He stopped by the house when home on break from college. I had a 1955 Ruger Single Six on the coffee table. Unloaded of course. He plunked down on the couch, picked the Ruger up, COCKED it, LOOKED DOWN THE BARREL, and asked, "is this a real gun? Is it loaded?"

This is how screwed up my priorities are,  my first reaction to your post is, " What? And let him dry fire a rimfire weapon?  Are you crazy?  Load the damn thing First!" 

Lol 

Edited by jaxson50
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

Darwin's Law -   I guess life endangering behavior  wasn't covered at any of those schools.   When stupid people play stupid games like this - they blame the gun.   Maybe instead of teaching kindergartners about gender identity - the schools should teach them about the dangers of guns. 

RBSinToronto =   Yep.  My wife has two good friends like that.  One a Ph.d and the other a school teacher.   Some people think - the higher your education, the lower your common sense. 

Okay, I see lots of “women” talk in this thread and even some politics.  So, before anyone is labeled as a misogynist, I just want to lead the discussion back to guitars by saying guitars are like women.  You can’t have too many.

14 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Okay, I see lots of “women” talk in this thread and even some politics.  So, before anyone is labeled as a misogynist, I just want to lead the discussion back to guitars by saying guitars are like women.  You can’t have too many.

So many women, so little time.

In her defense (no pun intended) 

48 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Sometimes one can be too many.  Johnny Depp knows what I'm talking about. 

Amber Heard may be a Hot Mess,   but I know some guys who would consider a few weeks with her.  Maybe agree upon a 'Safe Word'.     Not the kind of girl you'd bring home to mother.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, ksdaddy said:

LOL!

On 5/4/2022 at 10:33 AM, ksdaddy said:

Dear God ... intelligence looks good on paper but it's not worth the paper it's printed on without the common sense to put it to use. 

4 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

ghost_of_fl,

Just a wild guess on my part, but I don't think the average fish spends even a pico-second of its life believing much of anything at all.

RBSinTo

Working at the Car Wash Blues    -  Jim Croce  (written while he was actually working at a car wash)

Well I had just got out from the county prison
Doin' 90 days for non-support
Tried to find me an executive position
But no matter how smooth I talked
They wouldn't listen to the fact that I was genius

The man said  "We got all that we can use."  

I went through a Tropical Fish phase 25 years ago. Had a really big tank with full grown  Angelfish I'd gotten when they were as big as a dime.  They were mating and fighting, so I sold a mated pair to a Mom & Pop  Tropical Fish store. Told them absolutely not to break them up.  The axe holds did anyway.  When I happened by a couple of weeks later - one was still there in the tank.  When (s)he  saw me (s)he went absolutely crazy.  So,  while I don't think fish are smart - I think they are more trustworthy than lawyers and politicians.  Especially Russian ones. 

Power T was getting most of his development money from the Rooskies for a number of years.  Now you know what developers will do to keep their money people happy.  Imagine what would have happened if Mr. Stable Genius was still in there?  He'd be over there yukking it up with Rootin Tootin Putin.  The guy's got one American born ancestor and he's all Mr. ThrowEverybody Outtahere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1