Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Bought A New Fender In The Past Few Years

Sgt. Pepper

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just saw this:

https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/fender-class-action-lawsuit-alleging-it-overcharged-millions-guitarists/

I hope JVC doesn’t think I’m staring a hate thread by posting this.

opinions, even negative,  without name calling or slander are what this forum is for, I react to the added D-bag  and bs slander etc descriptions. Im allowed ,its a forum.

23 hours ago, jvi said:

opinions, even negative,  without name calling or slander are what this forum is for, I react to the added D-bag  and bs slander etc descriptions. Im allowed ,its a forum.

I never said you were not, but it seems every thread I start in your eyes is a hate thread. I'm just posting something I saw on the net, cause I know many own, or have owned Fenders here. I'm guilty of about 5 Tele's, 4 Strats and one Jazz Bass. 

The only new Fender's I bought was a Hiway One Tele and a Hiway One Strat in 2006/7, or so, I'm not in the window, and I don't care if they are gonna send me a check for $15. That Tele had one of the best necks on any electric I ever owned. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I own Fenders as well as Gibsons..

I bought an Aged White ‘69 Thinline Tele, an Olympic White Fender American Vintage ‘65 Jazzmaster & a Candy Apple Red Fender American Vintage ‘65 Jaguar in the past couple years.. They’re great Guitars!

That news is strange?

On July 26th this year Fender announced another new FSR of Ltd Edition Reissue George Harrison Rocky Strat for $1999.99.. They sold out in a day!! One day!!!

I’ve never heard of any Guitar Co. doing that.  And now they’re laying off hundreds of People? There must be more to this….

Edited by Larsongs

14 hours ago, jdgm said:

They're laying people off.

https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/fender-reportedly-lays-off-hundreds-california-employees/

Too many new guitars on the planet!

The really sad part is, only the US Workforce affected here. 

Off shore and south of the border,  well it's just business as usual.

Made In USA used to be important.  But not any more.. 

On a couple You tubes they mention recent QC being a major complaint.. The Afternoon Shift was let go.. From the Bottom Guy to the Top Guy? Not sure what that’s all about?

But Corona was pumping out 600+ Guitars a day! Now it’s cut back to about 400-450.. Maybe that will improve QC & not let Inventories run too high.. Thereby justifying Prices increases…

I am glad we visited when we did, I don't think they are doing that for quite some time now.  That place is crazy.  We can see why they have had to let a bunch go, probably even more.  So much going on all day, just nuts.

rct