Gibson Brands Forums

You know you are getting old when........

Rabs

On 12/9/2022 at 10:08 AM, gdecantoo said:

You remember sneaking out of the house to go to parties and now sneak out of parties to go back to your house!

Used to tell my mom I was staying overnight at a friends house. He said to his mom, he was saying at mine. Worked for awhile.

Doesnt really date anyone but hey, it was fun.

Edited by CROWB8

12 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

When you remember kicking your amp to cause the spring reverb to make a sound like thunder.

The lead guitarist in a band I was in would do that to "kick off" our beginning to The Amboy Dukes' "Journey To The Center of The Mind".  [wink]

But couldn't do that early Nugent solo justice.

Whitefang

Off topic,  sorry,

Had to leave a ted nuge conncert. Stupidly loud. Made my ears crackle. And I was maybe 22 at the time. Did like his playing. Tho stuck in A. He played note for note per his album. Jimmy page when he goes to lead just gets messy. All over the place.

Anyways, sorry. Wont do it again........

14 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

When you tell a young person that Paul McCartney was in another band before he was in "Wings", and can name all four members of that group.

RBSinTo

Billy Crystal once did a routine about that.  His daughter ran up to him all excited and asked him, "Hey DAD!  Did you know Paul McCartney was in a band BEFORE Wings?"  then he went into his "old Jew" mode...

"Sit down dollink, and Papa will tell you all about that old good time band, the BEATLES.  *hack*  *P-too!*"  [laugh]

Whitefang

"I'm in a phone booth baby" -

Who remembers phone boxes/booths?

Psst.   From 00.57 to 1.46 Cray plays some excellent stinging 'copy this' A minor blues guitar.....🎸

Edited by jdgm

5 minutes ago, jdgm said:

"I'm in a phone booth baby" -

Who remembers phone boxes/booths?

When I was a teen, I had a phonebooth across the street from my house. I could see it from my bedroom window. So, I would call the booth when people were walking by and try to "prank" them. Now, with caller I.D., you can't even have that kind of fun.

15 hours ago, gearbasher said:

When I was a teen, I had a phonebooth across the street from my house. I could see it from my bedroom window. So, I would call the booth when people were walking by and try to "prank" them. Now, with caller I.D., you can't even have that kind of fun.

gearbasher,

Up to about a year ago, there was a now-rare free-standing phone booth not far from where our children live.

I have been an avid candid street photographer for over 40 years, and based on the phone booth, got an interesting idea for a picture.

I rounded up our grandchildren, had them  pose together inside the booth, all looking at their cell phones, and took a series of photos of the scene.

Not long after, the phone company removed the booth, and now other than a few wall-mounted pay phones still scattered around the city, the era of the phone booth is over in Toronto, at least.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RBSinTo said:

gearbasher,

Up to about a year ago, there was a now-rare free-standing phone booth not far from where our children live.

I have been an avid candid street photographer for over 40 years, and based on the phone booth, got an interesting idea for a picture.

I rounded up our grandchildren, had them  pose together inside the booth, all looking at their cell phones, and took a series of photos of the scene.

Not long after, the phone company removed the booth, and now other than a few wall-mounted pay phones still scattered around the city, the era of the phone booth is over in Toronto, at least.

RBSinTo

I wouldn't mind seeing that photo.  Once for an adult night photography class I did a series of photos called "Out Of Gas" which were photographs of recognizable former gas stations repurposed for other businesses.  Ah, but when me and the ex split she dumped the photos before I could get back to retrieve them.  [sad]

Whitefang

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I wouldn't mind seeing that photo.  Once for an adult night photography class I did a series of photos called "Out Of Gas" which were photographs of recognizable former gas stations repurposed for other businesses.  Ah, but when me and the ex split she dumped the photos before I could get back to retrieve them.  [sad]

Whitefang

Whitefang.

Can't post because file sizes are to large. PM me with your email address, and I'll send a couple to you.

RBSinTo