Gibson Brands Forums

F This Dude

Sgt. Pepper

7 hours ago, sparquelito said:

You literally started this thread. 

🤔

I was being me and a wise acre. I was told by a mod I can't be mean anymore so, I said something nice. And I've been told the part about what does this have to do with Gibson guitars about 1000 times as if I black out when I log on and forget where I'm at.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvi said:

page  5 this topic, insulted for his size but really because he wants to improve this world.

You are right about that. Anyone think Rog is a rational human being? I mean read his statements and go watch some of his interviews. He should be locked up, me too probably.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You are right about that. Anyone think Rog is a rational human being? I mean read his statements and go watch some of his interviews. He should be locked up, me too probably.

was talking about MM,   havnt read  Waters comments and wont,

10 minutes ago, jvi said:

was talking about MM,   havnt read  Waters comments and wont,

I do not know who MM is? Markey Mark, Moses Malone, Micky Mouse, Marylin Monroe, Mathew McConnehey (probably spelled wrong), Mac Miller, Mandy Moore, or Michael McKean.

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was being me and a wise acre. I was told by a mod I can't be mean anymore so, I said something nice. And I've been told the part about what does this have to do with Gibson guitars about 1000 times as if I black out when I log on and forget where I'm at.

I understood that fully, and I knew where you were coming from, Coastie. 

I was just messing with you. 

🙂

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

I understood that fully, and I knew where you were coming from, Coastie. 

I was just messing with you. 

🙂

Dumb Coasties going out there saving lives, boarding fishing vessels making sure they are not doing anything illegal, and intercepting drug runners. The nerve of them.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Dumb Coasties going out there saving lives, boarding fishing vessels making sure they are not doing anything illegal, and intercepting drug runners. The nerve of them.

I was just an Army aviator. 

I flew around practicing for the day when the Russians and the East Germans would invade into West Germany and race down the B-40 Valley and try to take the Frankfurt PX. 

Sadly, that day never came. 

😬

31 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I was just an Army aviator. 

I flew around practicing for the day when the Russians and the East Germans would invade into West Germany and race down the B-40 Valley and try to take the Frankfurt PX. 

Sadly, that day never came. 

😬

That’s the difference between the Coast Guard and the other branches. They go out and practice, and the CG goes out and does their job, except war time. I heard every CG joke there is and was called Shallow Water Sailor more times than I can remember.

I know you were an Army Aviator.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I was never in the military.  No brag, just fact!  [wink]

But my brother was in the Navy.  And when he saw this on SNL he laughed and said there was more truth than satire in it.  [biggrin]

Whitefang

I did 4 in the Navy and you do lots of s-hit jobs when you first get in ,and are junior to most others, but when you pull into Thailand or The Philippines all those bad times go away when you have beer in your hand a LBFM by your side. When I finally made Senior Chief I was making over $6000 a month after taxes. Sparkey probably more cause he was a CWO.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I never joined either. Missed the draft by a couple years. I took my ASVAB and wanted to go in as an auto mechanic. The Navy wanted me to be inside a nuclear sub.  Nope. No sub here. Too much of a home body anyway, didn't want to leave familiar surroundings. I regret it now. My brother was in the army and told me to stay away from it. My brother isn't known for giving me the best guidance OR following authority so... My wife was in the army (long before I met her) and loved it.

The other side of the coin. My step daughter won a Voice of Democracy speech contest and ended up going to the national competition (quickly eliminated there). Along the path from local win to state win, we attended several functions with her and encountered countless ex-military.  When they found out my wife served, they scooped her up on their shoulders. When they found I did not, I got silence and faces that just realized they stepped in dog s___.

42 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Maybe it's an Air Force thing, but most of us Vets do not boast about our rank and pay. We're a bit more humble than that. I will not debate otherwise.

I was just stating that cause its it thought that the military get paid pennies for what they do, and it is just not true. Base pay for what any officer or enlisted person can be looked up on the internet as its not Top Secret. Like housing allowances too and Cost Of Living Allowance, Clothing Allowance, Sea Pay, and Basic Allowance For Housing. Its all out there for any civilian to see, and you know that Big Bill. So I've stated I was an E-8 with 23 years total. It will take someone less than two mins to find out what that figure is.

People don't believe when I tell them, but The Coast Guard has the highest minimum ASVAB score to get in. It may now be Space Force as I have not looked since it became a real service, but I looked it up with an ex Air Force guy I worked with, and I got free lunch that day, as he had to eat crow. Other branches of the service laugh at the USCG, and make jokes about it , but we laugh right back at you. And when the Navy guys are out to sea we take care of their wives  for them, if ya know what I mean. I never held a gun during my 23 years in, except in bootcamp. Fuse Pullers were my weapon of choice.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I finally got around to watching Pink Floyd, DIrector's Cut Live At Pompeii last night and Mr. Waters did one really weird spaz out in an all-knowing manner about the market crash will be everywhere (or something like that).  He also did a segment or two about how talented he is.  

Now he's at the Get Off My Yard stage of his life.

As for the DVD itself, I think I paid $8 for it which was about right.  Lots of black and white footage of them shoving food in their faces and bubbling mud and lava in color.

Edited by SteveFord