Gibson Brands Forums

F This Dude

Sgt. Pepper

I was overthinking it.

Not only do you need the Firebird V but you need barbacue sauce on your right hand, hot fudge sundae chocolate on your left hand, that is the key to the illusive Steven Seagal tone.

NO vibrato, down strokes only with your thumb.  

Genius!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jvi said:

you have the right to your opinon,- on an open forum you dont have the need to be so rude and beligerent with swearing and gutter crap talk because you disagree with some one, There may be polite people who want to read something  less foul-     I dont read things that artists or actors say .     You do seem to be particularily mad at anti war pro green folks .... luv ya them wars and pollution dont cha...

Most if not all on this forum are adults, I'm willing to bet ALL are. I'm not mad at those people, but if you think politicians are, or ever will be the answer to the worlds problems well take a look at history. The last 4 or 5 Presidents have not made the USA a better country. So Mr. Water why don't you come up with a plan on how to make this a shinny happy world. People have been at war with each other over religion, where the boards of countries are, slavery, you name it, and there has been a war over it. Roger spewing his hate (as he is an Anti-Semite in my opinion and as he told us he is more important that most) is no better that Buffon Biden or Trudeau. They are just career politicians in it for themselves, its been proven time and time again. 

Do you own a car (I'll bet you do) and if you do you are helping with pollution, hypocrite. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I was overthinking it.

Not only do you need the Firebird V but you need barbacue sauce on your right hand, hot fudge sundae chocolate on your left hand, that is the key to the illusive Steven Seagal tone.

NO vibrato, down strokes only with your thumb.  

Genius!

I think that was Sonny Landreth's secret to playing so good.

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Most if not all on this forum are adults, I'm willing to bet ALL are. I'm not mad at those people, but if you think politicians are, or ever will be the answer to the worlds problems well take a look at history. The last 4 or 5 Presidents have not made the USA a better country. So Mr. Water why don't you come up with a plan on how to make this a shinny happy world. People have been at war with each other over religion, where the boards of countries are, slavery, you name it, and there has been a war over it. Roger spewing his hate (as he is an Anti-Semite in my opinion and as he told us he is more important that most) is no better that Buffon Biden or Trudeau. They are just career politicians in it for themselves, its been proven time and time again. 

Do you own a car (I'll bet you do) and if you do you are helping with pollution, hypocrite. 

you have hate for your own govnt and country,,,,, yeah I own a car but I try to help the planet where I can, firstly by admitting we have a problem so we can fix it .We could have a green revolution that would surpass the industrial rev and make our plant heal, fools fight this possibility and thats crazy--jobs clean air a place for grandkids to fish

all being held up by fools supporting the oil barons and war dogs, WE CAN DO BETTER, sorry so many here dont get the potential, sad so many choose slander and lies to keep the old **** keep happening, IMAGINE NO POLLUTION NO WAR  NO HATE   ps  around here us libs seem to get the most ****  mmmmm

29 minutes ago, jvi said:

you have hate for your own govnt and country,,,,, yeah I own a car but I try to help the planet where I can, firstly by admitting we have a problem so we can fix it .We could have a green revolution that would surpass the industrial rev and make our plant heal, fools fight this possibility and thats crazy--jobs clean air a place for grandkids to fish

all being held up by fools supporting the oil barons and war dogs, WE CAN DO BETTER, sorry so many here dont get the potential, sad so many choose slander and lies to keep the old **** keep happening, IMAGINE NO POLLUTION NO WAR  NO HATE   ps  around here us libs seem to get the most ****  mmmmm

My government are total buffoons.

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My government are total buffoons.

even a lefty like me is sure your govt has some good people trying to do good, find them and help dont just say they are all bad cause they are not ,and that much repeated line of hate just keeps the cycle on repeat so be part of a solution not an impediment to one, have a nice day anger free,  (you might like it )....

1 hour ago, jvi said:

even a lefty like me is sure your govt has some good people trying to do good, find them and help dont just say they are all bad cause they are not ,and that much repeated line of hate just keeps the cycle on repeat so be part of a solution not an impediment to one, have a nice day anger free,  (you might like it )....

You think a woman in her 70’s who has 4 houses in California (I’m sure none are one room shanty’s), and her and her husband are worth 140 million are in touch with the average American, and live at all like the average American? I’m talking about Grandma Pelosi. I’m thinking no.

If you don’t have money you can’t afford to be a politician.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You think a woman in her 70’s who has 4 houses in California (I’m sure none are one room shanty’s), and her and her husband are worth 140 million are in touch with the average American, and live at all like the average American? I’m talking about Grandma Pelosi. I’m thinking no.

If you don’t have money you can’t afford to be a politician.

I try not to comment on the particulars of your or other countries, but I do think more support where needed and less angry venom in general would do more good, the world has to stop being so angry and hatefull, find someone you like  to post about, it seems to me there is to much focus on those we dont like and it IS corrosive,  Perhaps talk about .whatever,...  funny,  today it allmost seems like you and I are actually exchanging ideas instead  of just  insults...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jvi said:

I try not to comment on the particulars of your or other countries, but I do think more support where needed and less angry venom in general would do more good, the world has to stop being so angry and hatefull, find someone you like  to post about, it seems to me there is to much focus on those we dont like and it IS corrosive,  Perhaps talk about .whatever,...  funny,  today it allmost seems like you and I are actually exchanging ideas instead  of just  insults...

I don't know you, nor do I hate you, but when some pompous rock star who has more money that God has the nerve to tell the world he is more important than other musicians or any person on Earth, that guy is a total piece of s-hit. Roger I am sorry your father died in WWII. I am sure that is where most of his bitterness comes from. I would be mad to, but you don't live like me and you can go out and do anything you want, buy anything you want, and live anywhere you want. If these rich rock start donated 1/10 of what they have maybe something could change. Roger is worth 310 million. You think he is going to miss 31 of it? Same with Bruce, and Bono, and Neil, and Paul and the rich actors and actresses,  and guys like Elon Musk and Bill Gates, and the rest of uber rich. They won't though cause greed is a powerful thing.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If these rich rock start donated 1/10 of what they have maybe something could change. Roger is worth 310 million. You think he is going to miss 31 of it? Same with Bruce, and Bono, and Neil, and Paul and the rich actors and actresses,  and guys like Elon Musk and Bill Gates, and the rest of uber rich. They won't though cause greed is a powerful thing.

It's funny that, I can never understand why some people desire to have so much money (I think we alluded to that in a previous thread), as long as you've got enough to do what you want, why not give some of it away?  Most of those people are in the Autumn of their lives and frankly they will never be able to spend it!

I think Rodger Waters has allowed the death of his Father, who he probably never knew to dominate his whole life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IanHenry said:

It's funny that, I can never understand why some people desire to have so much money (I think we alluded to that in a previous thread), as long as you've got enough to do what you want, why not give some of it away?  Most of those people are in the Autumn of their lives and frankly they will never be able to spend it!

I think Rodger Waters has allowed the death of his Father, who he probably never knew to dominate his whole life.

You could be right. Roger was 5 months old when his father died. I had to look it up. 

28 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You could be right. Roger was 5 months old when his father died. I had to look it up. 

So what?

My Mother and biological Father divorced before I was born and he swiftly split for the West coast.  All I knew was he lived in a place called Hanford, CA.  Never met the guy.  And it never bothered me.  My brother however, was four years older than me and remembered him well.  The split affected him hugely.  But when he was 12 he went to Cali to live with him for a bit.  He came back when he was 16.  All he would tell me was that I didn't miss much.  And I never did.  People I knew, when learning of this would feel sorrier for me than I ever bothered to feel for myself about it.  :rolleyes:  Anyway, when I was almost 8 my Mom remarried to a great guy who from then on(and still, 42 years after his death) I've always considered my real Father.

Whitefang

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

So what?

My Mother and biological Father divorced before I was born and he swiftly split for the West coast.  All I knew was he lived in a place called Hanford, CA.  Never met the guy.  And it never bothered me.  My brother however, was four years older than me and remembered him well.  The split affected him hugely.  But when he was 12 he went to Cali to live with him for a bit.  He came back when he was 16.  All he would tell me was that I didn't miss much.  And I never did.  People I knew, when learning of this would feel sorrier for me than I ever bothered to feel for myself about it.  :rolleyes:  Anyway, when I was almost 8 my Mom remarried to a great guy who from then on(and still, 42 years after his death) I've always considered my real Father.

Whitefang

It just the excuse he uses to spit venom on the world. I'm an opinionated A-hole too, but I'm a middle class one who is probably worth 5 cents. 

My father passed away when I was 17. Did it affect my life, sure it did, but I grew up finished HS, started college, joined the Service, got married and had kids, went back to college and got my degree, worked as an electrician, and did all the stuff normal people do. How can I be mad because my father died? Its just how life goes.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Talking about dads, I have a great one. Always there for my brother, mom, and me - now my family. I’m a dad too and I do my best to spend time with my kiddos for the short time they are little sprouts. Being that I spent my entire life this far with my dad knowing who he is, I consider myself very fortunate. I think when it comes to the parent lottery, I faired pretty well. I know not everyone is as fortunate as me. Didn’t come from a rich family, but we all love each other and help each other out. I just try to be a dad to my kids like my dad was to me. It’s the least I can do. I figure it’s my job to keep giving life to my kids until I can no longer. Teach my boys how to be good people and enjoy their lives. Nothing makes me happier today than to hear my kids laugh and have fun - most of the time haha! Bed time I get a little cranky!

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

[confused]  You "stated" college?

How did THAT work out for you? [wink]

Yeah, clearly Waters is grasping at straws to use that as reasoning for his vitriol.   But the only time I used a crutch was when I had foot surgery.

Whitefang

Yes I did, I stated that, I started (went back and changed it) and I stated I went back and got my degree. Its always good to know Gibson Forum Spelling Police Officer Whitefang is on duty.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Roger is worth 310 million. You think he is going to miss 31 of it? Same with Bruce, and Bono, and Neil, and Paul and the rich actors and actresses,  and guys like Elon Musk and Bill Gates, and the rest of uber rich. They won't though cause greed is a powerful thing."

Yup.

Bingo.

[biggrin]

Edited by jdgm

22 hours ago, jvi said:

It's easier to comment on generalities rather than the 'particulars' of another country.   Sgt. Pepper was referring to the many questionable activities of the Pelosi family - details many Americans are not familiar with.   But 'more support'  is not something the Pelosi's need. They have more than enough.   And as far as 'hateful' -  trust me, Nancy has more than enough of that too ! 

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

It's easier to comment on generalities rather than the 'particulars' of another country.   Sgt. Pepper was referring to the many questionable activities of the Pelosi family - details many Americans are not familiar with.   But 'more support'  is not something the Pelosi's need. They have more than enough.   And as far as 'hateful' -  trust me, Nancy has more than enough of that too ! 

thats my point he and you and too many are allways talking **** about someone  find less **** to spread.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, jvi said:

thats my point he and you and too many are allways talking **** about someone  find less **** to spread.

sad and confused little faces.. from sad confused members... emo emoo boo hoo boo hoo

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1