Gibson Brands Forums

COVID Fog

badbluesplayer

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Exactly, just like Bruce Jenner it was his choice to go, and start looking like a Tranny that entered a contest to win $50 for Most Homely Looking Tranny.

:-k

Well......I'll let you know if I get any of those side effects Sarge!

[laugh]

Edited by jdgm

The pandemic is over. Got all the shot to stay protected. Boss said you need to attend to the customer visit in SC. Ahhhh the pandemic?? It’s over he says go forth and make business. Ok but I’m wearing a mask on airplane . Ok he say just dress professionally none of those black crow T shirts like before. Me the guy next to me on the plane and some older Asian folk are the only masks in in the area. I wore my J Prine tree of forgiveness t. Came home with a cold tested 2 days negative day 3 positive. I’m messed up, call dr. Molnupliravir for next 5 days I’m almost back. Foggy and a weird headache. Wife followed suit her dr put her on paxovlid. These experimental drugs work I’m thankful for them. I will get the new booster in two weeks. Then a colonoscopy. That scares me too…..No more air travel for me. I’m pulling the plug soon.

1 hour ago, Scott Lee said:

The pandemic is over.

See folks the Forum is also a place to get important public service information - like the pandemic is over. Here in SC, I don't think they think it ever existed. I'm fine its just a cold, we got happy hour to get to. Maude, grab the dog, and the Yeti mugs, and start the golf cart we're gonna to miss Happy Hour, and we will the laughing stock of the Shaggers. That is some kind of dancing old drunks do here in North Myrtle.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2022 at 3:48 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

That is the most ridiculous thing ever. If you live out in Nowheresville, and no people are around where you live, and you go the the General Store to get something, and a person has Covid there, and coughs in your direction,  and you have no mask on, what does it matter if you have more space that those uppity Northerners? This is a world health issue not a Dem/Rep or North/South issue.

Sorry to offend.  I'm not a north/south antagonist.  I'm a northerner with 27 years down here behind enemy lines, so the Mason Dixon line is just a place to fold the map to me.  He was just talking about the pipefitters he works with doing industrial construction.  Guys who work in teams in close contact.  Had nothing to do with any pandemic or anything else.  It IS kind of true. No?  I mean guys from Jersey are all like 2 inches from you just to say hi, and TN people kind of give you more space, right?  You're not all northy-southy, are you, lol?

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

See folks the Forum is also a place to get important public service information - like the pandemic is over. Here in SC, I don't think they think it ever existed. I'm fine its just a cold, we got happy hour to get to. Maude, grab the dog, and the Yeti mugs, and start the golf cart we're gonna to miss Happy Hour, and we will the laughing stock of the Shaggers. That is some kind of dancing old drunks do here in North Myrtle.

I met my wife in Myrtle Beach.  She was vacationing with one of her girlfriends Billie.  I should have known right then what was going to happen....

I grew up(and still live) in the industrial southeast Michigan region where it seemed every other family on the block was from "Alabam",  "Kaintuck"  or "somere's" down there.  All transplants who got tired of coal mining,  sharecropping or working in textile mills or not working at all and came up here to build cars.  Had one buddy who's family moved here from the dust bowl in the '30's.   I only had any animosity to those second and third generation transplanted Southerners who felt it was their duty to fly that treasonous "stars and bars" flag and hate "ni**ers".   The farthest South I ever traveled was Laredo, Texas, which is really a different area of the South than most people associate.  And the farthest South I traveled East of the Mississippi  was Cherokee, North Carolina.  I thought it was nice, and the people were hospitable, so I don't know why the entire region should be "dissed" because of a relative handful of idiots.

Whitefang

2 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

I met my wife in Myrtle Beach.  She was vacationing with one of her girlfriends Billie.  I should have known right then what was going to happen....

I live there cause I inherited a house. Most of the locals are professional drunks with golf carts who still would die for an orange guy who was once Commander In Chief. I hate the place, but a free house is hard to turn down.

3 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Sorry to offend.  I'm not a north/south antagonist.  I'm a northerner with 27 years down here behind enemy lines, so the Mason Dixon line is just a place to fold the map to me.  He was just talking about the pipefitters he works with doing industrial construction.  Guys who work in teams in close contact.  Had nothing to do with any pandemic or anything else.  It IS kind of true. No?  I mean guys from Jersey are all like 2 inches from you just to say hi, and TN people kind of give you more space, right?  You're not all northy-southy, are you, lol?

I’m not offended, but Myrtle being a tourist town I see people from Jersey here all the time, and they are no more in your face than the locals. I can pick out a local and a tourist nothing flat.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Please no body should construe my remarks about the pandemic being over...my boss said that.  I guess I'm walking back that remark.  He is a really smart engineer but a terrible medical expert. It will always be $ in front of health in everything he considers. 

Regarding SC.  My companies engineering team  is in MI it is where I live. Close to our customers car business,  but manufacturing is SC and NC.  Really awesome country and the weather is more tolerable then my home in MI. Our manufacturing plants are big and numerous do awesome work and make the company a boatload of money! 

Pre Covid  I made bi monthly visits.  The people, let me say I got a ton of good friends there are great.  Some have some funny views about the "war for state rights" and I will avoid those arguments and people  who believe that as much as possible.

Let me share this experience - did some world travel with a good SC friend, and we ended up in a bar in Germany arguing with a French guy...who was telling us what an awesome guy Michael Moore was and a villain President Bush 2 was. This has always stuck with me as a good way to think about people from the south. 

The guy from SC gets into this French guys face and states "Listen to me mister I come from the USA, not the bible belt but the buckle, and I'm not going to listen to you compare a left wing movie making nut to the president of the USA. We voted him in, and will vote him out if we need to but your vote is not considered and neither is your opinion." Dead silence for like 20 seconds as the French guy get the hell out...make me smile even today. 

OK going to play guitar getting a bit weepy with proud to be an American playing in my head....frickin Covid fog!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scott Lee said:

Please no body should construe my remarks about the pandemic being over...my boss said that.  I guess I'm walking back that remark.  He is a really smart engineer but a terrible medical expert. It will always be $ in front of health in everything he considers. 

Regarding SC.  My companies engineering team  is in MI it is where I live. Close to our customers car business,  but manufacturing is SC and NC.  Really awesome country and the weather is more tolerable then my home in MI. Our manufacturing plants are big and numerous do awesome work and make the company a boatload of money! 

Pre Covid  I made bi monthly visits.  The people, let me say I got a ton of good friends there are great.  Some have some funny views about the "war for state rights" and I will avoid those arguments and people  who believe that as much as possible.

Let me share this experience - did some world travel with a good SC friend, and we ended up in a bar in Germany arguing with a French guy...who was telling us what an awesome guy Michael Moore was and a villain President Bush 2 was. This has always stuck with me as a good way to think about people from the south. 

The guy from SC gets into this French guys face and states "Listen to me mister I come from the USA, not the bible belt but the buckle, and I'm not going to listen to you compare a left wing movie making nut to the president of the USA. We voted him in, and will vote him out if we need to but your vote is not considered and neither is your opinion." Dead silence for like 20 seconds as the French guy get the hell out...make me smile even today. 

OK going to play guitar getting a bit weepy with proud to be an American playing in my head....frickin Covid fog!

Sounds like someone from SC alright. Me and my wife call it “The Land Of The Crazy’s”. Flip Flops are the official state shoe.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

I guess regional pride is sort of a subset of national pride, so it is actually a good thing.  Many of us in the US, at least on this forum, have had the opportunity, ability, and freedom to see and even live in many parts of this great country.   Having also had the opportunity to see other parts of the world - I'm pretty sure I could find a nook I'd prefer anywhere  - North, South, East or West.     

I use to scratch my head, being brought up outside of NYC , why people who never lived there said New Yorkers were cold and rude.  My experience was the opposite. (Even if you were a recognizable tourist asking for directions, driving a golf cart.)  So, having lived in "The South" for most of the later part of my life -  I have learned to accept the regional stereo-typing of Southerners as a form of -  "My ...... is better than yours."   Insert   'car',   'dog',   'guitar',  'girl friend',  'musical taste'   or 'reaction to covid'.    

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

I guess regional pride is sort of a subset of national pride, so it is actually a good thing.  Many of us in the US, at least on this forum, have had the opportunity, ability, and freedom to see and even live in many parts of this great country.   Having also had the opportunity to see other parts of the world - I'm pretty sure I could find a nook I'd prefer anywhere  - North, South, East or West.     

I use to scratch my head, being brought up outside of NYC , why people who never lived there said New Yorkers were cold and rude.  My experience was the opposite. (Even if you were a recognizable tourist asking for directions, driving a golf cart.)  So, having lived in "The South" for most of the later part of my life -  I have learned to accept the regional stereo-typing of Southerners as a form of -  "My ...... is better than yours."   Insert   'car',   'dog',   'guitar',  'girl friend',  'musical taste'   or 'reaction to covid'.    

I've lived in and visited much of the USA, and I also lived (stationed) in Japan and Puerto Rico. In the USA, I was stationed in Hawaii, Cali, Illinois, and Virginia.  I've traveled and seen some of Europe (Switzerland and Spain), and the Far East (Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, South Korea, and P I), and the Middle East (Bahrain and UAE), and Canada, and Mexico, and I lost count of how many Islands in the Caribbean I went to.  I joined the USN and USCG to travel the world on the governments dime and that is what I did, and I even learned to be and electrician. I'll tell you what if I could afford it I would move to Japan or Switzerland today! Thailand is one of the funnest places on Earth, but I think after about 5 years my liver would shut down. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Hey, the South has kudzu.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mister!

Also have chiggers and fire ants so be careful where you stand.

Someone in my neighborhood years ago thought it was a good idea to start some kind of Dutch creeping vine as a fence cover.  It does have some pretty white little flowers popping out of it.  But they didn't count on it taking over entire lawns and anything else you might try growing.  I spent 15 years pulling that stuff off from around my lilac bushes, tiger lilies, rose bushes, the wooden arch in the middle of the backyard and birdbath.  I knew about the South and it's kudzu and I'd call this stuff "Jr. Kudzu" in sour jest.

Whitefang

• Like 1