Gibson Brands Forums

COVID Fog

badbluesplayer

So I got COVID at a John Hiatt concert where you couldn't hear Sonny Landreth, and that's why I went there in the first place.  That was a month ago.  The COVID lasted almost 3 weeks and now I'm all fogged out.

But it's just a recreational buzz compared to the seizures I had eight years ago, lol.  I'm tired and lazy.  My guitar playing is just awful.  It's like neurological flatlining.  Fun, but not really.

I think I just need to work my way out of it.  Meanwhile I'll just, uh, drink coffee.

• Like 1

It's a weird disease. Some go down for the count. When I got it, it came from the Carolina Opry. One weekend several months back there was some America First nut job conference there and they rented the place for the weekend. It spread to employees that were working, I did not work  the Conference, and got it a few days later one night working.  I woke up with a cough and congestion. Then about 6pm I started to get the chills. Had the rest of the basic CV-19 symptoms. Took my temperature and it was 99.5. Took a test and I was +. I went to bed and woke up a few hours later at 10pm and felt fine.  Of course I gave it to my wife. She was down for a day maybe two. A friend of mine said it kicked his a-ss for 8 days. I got the jabs in the arm, so that may have helped, but who can say?

Seen John twice. The second time he and the whole band came out to sign stuff. I got my stub signed by the whole band and John. Patrick O'Hearn was playing bass for him. I asked him what it was like to play with Zappa. All he said was that was ages ago. I was gonna bust his balls and ask him about his time in Missing Persons, but I didn't.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

One of my good friends wife is a nurse..  She was on a covid ward when this all started and got it early..  As did my friend. However while he recovered in week or so, she was off work with long covid for almost two years.  She has only just gone back to work but spent the last couple of years feeling constantly tired and generally not well..  Pretty mad really much differently it effects people. My sister also had long covid and was off work for over a year.  As far as I know I havent had it yet and if I have then I got no symptoms at all.

Hope you get better soon man.

Edited by Rabs

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It's a weird disease. Some go down for the count. When I got it, it came from the Carolina Opry. One weekend several months back there was some America First nut job conference there and they rented the place for the weekend. It spread to employees that were working, I did not work  the Conference, and got it a few days later one night working.  I woke up with a cough and congestion. Then about 6pm I started to get the chills. Had the rest of the basic CV-19 symptoms. Took my temperature and it was 99.5. Took a test and I was +. I went to bed and woke up a few hours later at 10pm and felt fine.  Of course I gave it to my wife. She was down for a day maybe two. A friend of mine said it kicked his a-ss for 8 days. I got the jabs in the arm, so that may have helped, but who can say?

Seen John twice. The second time he and the whole band came out to sign stuff. I got my stub signed by the whole band and John. Patrick O'Hearn was playing bass for him. I asked him what it was like to play with Zappa. All he said was that was ages ago. I was gonna bust his balls and ask him about his time in Missing Persons, but I didn't.

Same. I was out for a day or two, but then I was fine again. Smell and taste took three weeks or so to come back. I think the vaccine made the difference. 

56 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I never lost taste or smell.

It was a little scary. Glad it returned 100%. Other than that, it was a breeze. Well, except for the first day. Man, that was some fever. Ugh. But hey, it was just one day, maybe two. Can't complain. 

52 minutes ago, Pinch said:

It was a little scary. Glad it returned 100%. Other than that, it was a breeze. Well, except for the first day. Man, that was some fever. Ugh. But hey, it was just one day, maybe two. Can't complain. 

My wife didn't loose her smell or taste, but her brother did. Her other brother got it and I can't remember if he did or not. Our sister in law got it too. Both did at Mickyworld, go figure. My sister in law was over about three weeks after she got it and she was getting winded walking across the room. 

Like Sgt. Pepper said, it's a strange one, I think I had it twice, es muy malo.

The first time was right before it hit the news so I don't think they knew what it was, the 2nd time I had a surgery coming up and didn't want to get tested and screw things up.

That new booster vaccine packs a wallop, it made me think of Eric Clapton so I did a little recreational sniveling as I shuffled around.  

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Like Sgt. Pepper said, it's a strange one, I think I had it twice, es muy malo.

The first time was right before it hit the news so I don't think they knew what it was, the 2nd time I had a surgery coming up and didn't want to get tested and screw things up.

That new booster vaccine packs a wallop, it made me think of Eric Clapton so I did a little recreational sniveling as I shuffled around.  

The booster kicked my wife's a-ss. I only got the first two. I'm done playing the, I have to get a booster every other week for the new strain. Muy malo es no muy bueno. That Spanish right there folks is 20 + years of living in Cali and lots of Taco Bell.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I have had all the varieties of covid infections you can name, and the symptoms were all pretty mild for me. 

My wife, not so much. 
She has experienced abject misery with every bout of it. 

The unusually  wide left-and-right limits of symptoms across the population, in my opinion, speak to a man-crafted virus, with targeted victim DNA outcomes. 
That's the scientist in me speaking, and no political motivations whatsoever. 

As for the jabs and repeated boosters, we are both done with them. 
We did our duty with all that early on, but now we have sworn them off. 

Too many strange side effects, and too much risk, at this point in my life anyway. 

And considering that close friends have nearly died after taking the jab, and one did actually pass away after taking the jab?
Nope. 
Done. 

🤔

19 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

So I got COVID at a John Hiatt concert where you couldn't hear Sonny Landreth, and that's why I went there in the first place.  That was a month ago.  The COVID lasted almost 3 weeks and now I'm all fogged out.

But it's just a recreational buzz compared to the seizures I had eight years ago, lol.  I'm tired and lazy.  My guitar playing is just awful.  It's like neurological flatlining.  Fun, but not really.

I think I just need to work my way out of it.  Meanwhile I'll just, uh, drink coffee.

How many, if any, jabs? 

My mother was in the hospital for a month during the first wave. She did not have covid, but there were covid patients on her floor. I visited her every day for a month with nothing more than a paper mask. I haven't been vaccinated. I've never had any covid symptoms. So, either I've had a very mild case, I got lucky or I'm just immune. I don't know. Almost everyone in my family has gotten it. Both pre-vaccination and post. My nephew got it before he was vaccinated, after he was vaccinated and again after the booster. I also feel this was man-made.  I believe this because it seems to be mutating too fast.

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My wife didn't loose her smell or taste, but her brother did. Her other brother got it and I can't remember if he did or not. Our sister in law got it too. Both did at Mickyworld, go figure. My sister in law was over about three weeks after she got it and she was getting winded walking across the room. 

I lost my salt taste buds when I caught it the first time.  Just the salt ones on the side of the tip of my tongue.  Then one day a couple months later they came back all of a sudden.

I could smell and taste just fine this time.  I could actually smell the inflammation in my nostrils this time.

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

The unusually  wide left-and-right limits of symptoms across the population, in my opinion, speak to a man-crafted virus, with targeted victim DNA outcomes. 

🤔

I think they tracked the origin to two specific places in the wet market over there using some kind of sciency stuff, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

Which jab? First, second, third, fourth? 

Two friends that nearly died?
One was after the first jab. 
The other not long after his booster. 

The lady friend that died was a health care professional, and she was required to take the jab early on. 
She perished a week later. 
🙁

48 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

I think they tracked the origin to two specific places in the wet market over there using some kind of sciency stuff, no?

thats what we were told anyway..  😜

I had it in December last year.  Fatigue was an issue for a while..  a few weeks.

Sense of smell has been borked since.  It took me months to be able to smell coffee.  Thankfully food stuff, is fine.  I am to smell the wife cranking up the kitchen magic, but somethings,  wow, just crazy almost a year later.

Edited by kidblast

BBP,   Hang in there, it's 'only' been a month.   I'm sure you'll slowly find the fog has cleared and the sun back out.     Not sure of your age or medical status otherwise - but  I think all those things interact as the wild cards that affect your hand.  Overlay the virus mutations and the different 'vaccines'  and then the different boosters...  it's no wonder we in the US seem to have thousands of different symptoms appearing.  But it seems pre-existing conditions like diabetes explain a lot of the most severe.  Of course,  scientific explanations don't make any of us feel less fear and anger.   Our family of 19 has been very lucky.  

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

One weekend several months back there was some America First nut job conference there and they rented the place for the weekend. It spread to employees that were working, I did not work  the Conference, and got it a few days later one night working. 

Are you talking about that AFPAC run by nut job Nick Fuentes?

Edited by saturn
spelling

7 minutes ago, kidblast said:

thats what we were told anyway..  😜

I had it in December last year.  Fatigue was an issue for a while..  a few weeks.

Sense of smell has been borked since.  It took me months to be able to smell coffee.  Thankfully food stuff, is fine.  I am to smell the wife cranking up the kitchen magic, but somethings,  wow, just crazy almost a year later.

Given my wife's culinary skills -  I'd be scared shyteless if I couldn't first smell and then taste what she was serving up.  Could have been turpentine laced tacos ! 

16 minutes ago, saturn said:

Not sure. It was a few months back and I worked the day before it started and the day after. I only saw some of the signs that they were going to put up, and saw some on of them coming around asking when they can start setting up.

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not sure. It was a few months back and I worked the day before it started and the day after. I only saw some of the signs that they were going to put up, and saw some on of them coming around asking when they can start setting up.

Yeah. I could post some clips but the thread would get shut down fast. [rolleyes]

So - you just lay the bait out and wait for someone to take it?    Nice.     I'll nibble ...  

25 minutes ago, saturn said:

I'd never heard of him or AFPAC ... had to Google it:  all the top 10 hits make it clear the organization is to the RIGHT of .... or is it to the LEFT of ....  fill in your favorite Historical Extremist.              I  guess I'm fixated on other things.     What does bringing that group and person up have to do with the thread?  Aren't you the one that always says "This is a GUITAR forum!"  Possibly  Nick Fuentes would think  you are the nut job.