Gibson Brands Forums

COVID Fog

badbluesplayer

4 hours ago, Murph said:

Never vaxed.

Never put a mask on. Worked in Ky. where they were quick to pass anti mask legislation, and our company was anti mask/anti lockdown anyhow.

Didn't miss a single day's work.

Never tested so don't know if I ever had it.

That’s great. You’re lucky…. 

I live in Palm Springs, Ca. a Tourist Destination for the World.. We get 100’s of thousands of Tourists a year from every Country, City & Town in the World.. They bring every Virus on the Planet with them..

Some of my kids have had Covid more than once, with & without the Vaccines.. Thank God they’re fine.. I have friends & family who have died from Covid. Some had the Vaccine.. Some didn’t. Doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I had 2 Moderna’s & 1 Pfizer Booster.. I’m not getting the 4th.. Too controversial at this time..

I’ve had symptoms like long Covid for almost 2 years but I always test negative.. I’ve been tested almost weekly… 

43 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I had 2 Moderna’s & 1 Pfizer Booster.. I’m not getting the 4th.. Too controversial at this time..

Yep. It's looking like the vax actually reduces natural immunity. As suspected.

It was too quick, to heavily pushed and I'm not going to do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Murph said:

Never vaxed.

Never put a mask on. Worked in Ky. where they were quick to pass anti mask legislation, and our company was anti mask/anti lockdown anyhow.

Didn't miss a single day's work.

Never tested so don't know if I ever had it.

Local control of that stuff worked out pretty well for everybody involved.

My brother in law works at Eastman Chemical with lots of people from all over.  He said that they realized that southerners are used to having more personal space and the northerners are all in each others' face all the time.  It's pretty true, lol.

1 hour ago, Larsongs said:

I have friends & family who have died from Covid. Some had the Vaccine.. Some didn’t. Doesn’t seem to make a difference.

It makes a gigantic difference in your chances of both hospitalization and death.  Gigantic.  But that's only here on earth, lol.  Not that you need any help thinking it thru...  😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep...  As Sgt.Pepper wrote - this is relatively new.   Sort of reminds me of HIV:  Scientists and Govt were confused, media kept it quiet for the first few years.   Since it affected a different demographic and was transmitted in a different way -  and we were less suspicious back then - keeping it on the download was handled without much pushback.   Took 50 years to see Big Pharma come out with tv commercials advertising pills for it.  I wonder if they actually researched scientifically to get there, or if they accidentally stumbled on a cure - for example while trying to make chewing gum last longer.    

BBP -  I've never met a medical doctor I didn't trust, and I've met many.  My concern is with the ones who, in spite of the M.D. after their name, do not see patients - and get wound up in the politics of medicine.  And eventually, whether it is in Research,  Medical Schools, Lobbying or  simply making and selling drugs and supplies - the cash causes them to forget the "First, do no harm." part of their oath.    Not sure if Dr. Mengele took the Hippocratic oath. 

Your statament is literally an HIV/nazi sandwich with usual ranty fillings.  You guys must all get your science from the same TV channel.  Anyway, yay for scienceatation!

To argue with anybody about a hot-button, emotionally-charged topic like the covid19 pandemic is an exercise in futility. 

It's an emotionally charged subject because:
* We have all suffered infections from the thing
* Most of us have had friends and family members die from it (or from the vaccination)
* Most of us have had friends and family members near die from it (or from the vaccination)
* Thousands have had their lives and businesses destroyed by governmental over-reaction to it
and, 
* That which has been represented as 'science' regarding the virus has all too often been cooked, skewed, politically-charged, politically-spin-doctored, or even suppressed

Most people don't know what to believe, and rightfully so. 
And they are pissed off about it. 
Tired of being played. 
Tired of being lied to. 
And tired of being lectured about it by people who presume to have all the answers on it. 

I'll repeat the most important takeaway from my earlier posts and opinions on the topic of covid:

You believe what you want to believe, you can take the jab or not take the jab. 
I really don't care. 
I wish you good luck and good health either way. 

Just be wary of offering strong opinions as the only true facts, and ridiculing others for not believing what you believe. 
It's folly. 
🤫

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

He said that they realized that southerners are used to having more personal space and the northerners are all in each others' face all the time.  It's pretty true, lol.

That is the most ridiculous thing ever. If you live out in Nowheresville, and no people are around where you live, and you go the the General Store to get something, and a person has Covid there, and coughs in your direction,  and you have no mask on, what does it matter if you have more space that those uppity Northerners? This is a world health issue not a Dem/Rep or North/South issue.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Here in Pennsyltucky they pack 'em in at Wally World and fart COVID.

Frank would have a field day, and made so many songs about the f-ed up world we live in if he was still here. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Speaking of Mr. Zappa, no new releases since the catalog was sold.

Still patiently waiting for Grand Wazoo and Waka Jawaka, on vinyl, that would be appreciated.

There has been the Erie live stuff and in October the live stuff from Yugoslavia is coming out.

34 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Interesting. Apparently, if I have hybrid immunity after the summer (3 doses + infection), it would appear I should have a very good protection against all variants for possibly up to 12 months. Maybe a fourth jab is just downright stupid. 

It's odd that this comes up,  a few of my friends have mentioned that they have recently come back from their yearly physicals where their doctors are hinting at them to NOT getting any more boosters.  "you should be all set..." kind of response when they've asked.    Most of them are about my age (mid 60s) or a little older.

Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them, so it's a decision that each must make on their own situation.

I don't have plans to do any more shots unless it's something to do with bourbon or whiskey!  but that's just me,, 

As sparquelito  said: my body my choice. You get those people trying to shame you into getting the vaccine. Saying it's to protect everyone else.  But, they don't think about the vaccinated people who get covid with mild symptoms. These people don't know they have it and go about their business. They become "Typhoid Marys". 

Edited by gearbasher

Yeah I think I am also done with the vaccine boosters unless the situation changes again..  

HOWEVER...   While things seem to be going well at the moment remember schools were out and people were on holiday the previous few months AND we are coming to winter... So, this is why I say unless something changes on our current path I am done with it..  Same as I have never had a flu jab, I take my chances. I think covid will be the same as the flu in terms of risk of catching it. 

So we will see..  I will still wear a mask in shops for the moment as really, it doesnt bother me and can only help..  I havent had it yet as far as I know, so will continue to do that for a while yet.  I havent had a flu or cold either the last few years, that could also be due to mask wearing?

Edited by Rabs

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

It's odd that this comes up,  a few of my friends have mentioned that they have recently come back from their yearly physicals where their doctors are hinting at them to NOT getting any more boosters.  "you should be all set..." kind of response when they've asked.    Most of them are about my age (mid 60s) or a little older.

Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them, so it's a decision that each must make on their own situation.

I don't have plans to do any more shots unless it's something to do with bourbon or whiskey!  but that's just me,, 

It's too early to tell either way really, but the data I found said that hybrid immunity was robust protection against serious COVID illness, with most guesstimating a 12-15 month duration. So I'm good for now. 

Until I change my mind tomorrow, of course. But still.