Gibson Brands Forums

Here Is A Release I Do Care About

Sgt. Pepper

This came out on Friday. I will probably wait for Xmas to get it and see if it comes down in price. I am listening  to it on Amazon to some of the out takes. I'm not sure why Giles include out takes that already came out on the Anthology series, that are versions we have already heard? He has to know his dad included those same out takes on Anthology. Rubber Soul was the album that started people listening to the album as a whole entity. Once people heard Tomorrow Never Know at the the end of Revolver they must have had their minds blown, and what would the lads do next? Well they would make Sgt. Pepper. But first they would make the double sided single of Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields. I know some people don't care for the lads, but once they walked away from touring and used the studio as an instrument, that is when it got interesting. I really don't think in 50 years people will be discussing Oasis, but I think in another 50 years the Fab 4 will still be talked about, and the Rolling Stones will still be touring.

https://www.amazon.com/Revolver-Special-5-CD-Beatles/dp/B0BB3F4J1J/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2A2BCZ43HL23H&keywords=the+beatles+revolver+deluxe+edition+2+cd&qid=1667066865&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjE3IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&s=music&sprefix=the+beatles+r%2Cpopular%2C103&sr=1-2&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cookieman15061 said:

It's the last album that they were all at the top of their collective game.

All four were into it and working as a unit.

Just listen to anything else released around the same time and you realize they were so far ahead of the pack.

I have said it before, when they were together, they lead and everyone else followed. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

My British Invasion Era Band “The Fab-Tones” plays “Taxman” & our Lead Guitarist does it like the Record.. 

Who does the cough when you guys play it?

To me it sounds like George did the count in.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Who does the cough when you guys play it?

To me it sounds like George did the count in.

Our Bass Player does the cough & our other Lead Guitarist does the count… I wasn’t aware of the 2nd count in.. I’ll have to ask the other guys if they were.. 

Edited by Larsongs

17 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Our Bass Player does the cough & our other Lead Guitarist does the count… I wasn’t aware of the 2nd count in.. I’ll have to ask the other guys if they were.. 

1 2 3 4 Cough 1 2. I've heard that since I got the album, but if there is one buried, I can't hear it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Seem like it got you all type-tied!  [wink]  And that in the truth.  [wink]  [cool]

Whether it the best LP in matter of opinion.  Those four lad were so prolific that favorite is hard to nail down.

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang

Just now, Whitefang said:

Seem like it got you all type-tied!  [wink]  And that in the truth.  [wink]  [cool]

Whether it the best LP is matter of opinion.  Those four lad were so prolific that favorite is hard to nail down.

Whitefang

For me its The White Album. Revolver is great but not my fav.