Gibson Brands Forums

The next Gibson generation!

jdgm

• jdgm changed the title to The next Gibson generation!

Wow !  that gal can sure play the banjo - 3 finger pick AND frail !    And then she whips out that skin-headed contraption !   I'd never have identified the sound as coming from a banjo - even a 'prototype / forerunner'  if I'd not seen the picture to go along with the sound !!      Nice to see there are young prodigies selecting 'old timey music'  over cRap.  !   

44 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Wow !  that gal can sure play the banjo - 3 finger pick AND frail !    And then she whips out that skin-headed contraption !   I'd never have identified the sound as coming from a banjo - even a 'prototype / forerunner'  if I'd not seen the picture to go along with the sound !!      Nice to see there are young prodigies selecting 'old timey music'  over cRap.  !   

Yea, that was a few years ago.

I've been following Nora for a while. She's a talented young lady and I love her style.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:44 AM, merciful-evans said:

That looks so odd. Through the last 30 years I've never seen a Gibson played by anybody less than middle aged, with the majority being old farts senior citizens.

The lawyers, doctors and rich collectors are Gibsons Generation. Not kids who got gifted guitars they can't afford.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Kurt Cobain had a lot to do with it.. If he’d have played a modded Pawn Shop SG things would be different….

To his credit, I have to say he made a lot of people go, well, my guitar is cheap, but I can still play it in a band. There were a million garage bands spawned by Nirvana. Even if not a single one was good, I'm sure they had a good time playing. I like that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinch said:

To his credit, I have to say he made a lot of people go, well, my guitar is cheap, but I can still play it in a band. There were a million garage bands spawned by Nirvana. Even if not a single one was good, I'm sure they had a good time playing. I like that. 

Other than the D-18. I care less than nothing about what junk Cobain liked and played. And the D-18 got butchered with electronics.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Other than the D-18. I care less than nothing about what junk Cobain liked and played. And the D-18 got butchered with electronics.

I hear you but that Generation bought Fender Offsets & still are… Over at OffsetGuitarForum there’s not a whole lotta love for Gibson’s.. I don’t get it? I dig & own a Fender Jag & Jazzmaster.. But,then I also own Gibson’s, Epi’s, Ric’s & Gretsch Electrics.. Gibson, Martin & Epi Acoustics too.. I’m a Guitar Addict!

5 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I hear you but that Generation bought Fender Offsets & still are… Over at OffsetGuitarForum there’s not a whole lotta love for Gibson’s.. I don’t get it? I dig & own a Fender Jag & Jazzmaster.. But,then I also own Gibson’s, Epi’s, Ric’s & Gretsch Electrics.. Gibson, Martin & Epi Acoustics too.. I’m a Guitar Addict!

It's Gibson Derangement Syndrome.

There are members of this very forum with that very disease.......

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Pinch said:

I thought The Ramones did that in the mid-70's?  1 2 3 4

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The thing with Gibson is besides the huge Sales volume of Electric Guitars, which are far more labor intensive in their crafting unlike Fender with simple Slab Bodies & bolt on Necks, they have an enormous Acoustic Guitar business!

Gibson is a major competitor with Fender in the Electric Guitars Biz but is also a major competitor with Martin in the Acoustic Guitar Biz! Neither Fender or Martin can say that..

And, I love Acoustic & Electric Guitars!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Larsongs said:

The thing with Gibson is besides the huge Sales volume of Electric Guitars, which are far more labor intensive in their crafting unlike Fender with simple Slab Bodies & bolt on Necks, they have an enormous Acoustic Guitar business!

Gibson is a major competitor with Fender in the Electric Guitars Biz but is also a major competitor with Martin in the Acoustic Guitar Biz! Neither Fender or Martin can say that..

And, I love Acoustic & Electric Guitars!

They also owned the mandolin and banjo World as well.

It seems they've deemed to just let that go.

It's a pity, looking at Sierra Ferrell, Billy Strings, Molly, Sara and the young acoustic bands getting popular once again.

On 11/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, Pinch said:

On 11/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I thought The Ramones did that in the mid-70's?  1 2 3 4

I thought it was The Beatles and most of the "British Invasion"in the '60's.

Or Chuck Berry and Elvis in the '50's.   [wink]

Whitefang

4 hours ago, Murph said:

They also owned the mandolin and banjo World as well.

It seems they've deemed to just let that go.

It's a pity, looking at Sierra Ferrell, Billy Strings, Molly, Sara and the young acoustic bands getting popular once again.

They really need to maintain that responsibility, legacy or whatever you call it… Mandolins & Banjo’s make incredible Music! 

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I thought it was The Beatles and most of the "British Invasion"in the '60's.

Or Chuck Berry and Elvis in the '50's.   [wink]

Whitefang

The Beatles just made girl scream. Anyone on this forum get to experience SEEING The Beatles and hearing girls scream?