Gibson Brands Forums

Stones / Beatles Collaboration

Murph

All this chatter. Anybody can do anything in a studio nowadays. Yawn.

I think they should do it like the '68 Elvis Comeback.

Live.

Small respectful crowd.

On free TV, many outlets, free streaming. Make it available for everybody for free. (I've still not seen Get Back because I don't do Disney)

Live, like a jam with some talking/stories.

THAT would be something. A record setting, pivotal event to go down in history.

• Like 1

80 year old men trying to pull off something like the Elvis Comeback Special would be funny… I doubt they’d be able to pull off the black leather suits. 😀 Although them doing a couple new, Paul, Mick & Keith Original Collaborations live could be cool.. 😎 

But, I hear that now it’s come down to, maybe, Ringo might play drums on one Track….. Maybe…

Y'know, Paul and Ringo could fill in some empty spots, like Paul filling in for Wyman and Ringo sitting in for Watts,  and from the other end, Kieth could sit in for George and Mick for John for if and when they all do some of each band's tunes, and if they like how that works, try some originals.  And as for them pulling off the black leather suits..........

Pulling them ON would be the task!  [wink]

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang

27 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

80 year old men trying to pull off something like the Elvis Comeback Special would be funny… I doubt they’d be able to pull off the black leather suits. 😀 Although them doing a couple new, Paul, Mick & Keith Original Collaborations live could be cool.. 😎 

But, I hear that now it’s come down to, maybe, Ringo might play drums on one Track….. Maybe…

Somehow 80 doesn't seem that old anymore!  

I saw the Stones in San Jose in 1965....again at The Cow Palace in 1966.....Saw The Beatles at Candlestick Park i 1966.....

then the Stones again in San Jose in 2019.....I'd go see a collaboration between the two groups!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

80 year old men trying to pull off something like the Elvis Comeback Special would be funny… 

I think a small stage, small crowd and live performance without a bunch of assistance, effects and studio overdubs would be a great show and a heckuva lot of people would like to see it.

I could be wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

Somehow 80 doesn't seem that old anymore!  

I saw the Stones in San Jose in 1965....again at The Cow Palace in 1966.....Saw The Beatles at Candlestick Park i 1966.....

then the Stones again in San Jose in 2019.....I'd go see a collaboration between the two groups!

80 doesn’t seem old to me anymore either. But, to my 10 year old Grand daughter I’m a Dinosaur! A live Collaboration of “The Beat-Stones” would be a novelty Act to her..

I never got to see The Beatles live but did see Paul about 15 years ago when he was in good voice & still looked youthful.. Saw The Stones in 69 & they were excellent.. At their peak…

The thought of Paul, Mick, Keith & Ringo doing some Originals in some type of live Performance does seems pretty cool though.. Especially if they could conjure up some really great Originals.. 

30 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

80 doesn’t seem old to me anymore either. But, to my 10 year old Grand daughter I’m a Dinosaur! A live Collaboration of “The Beat-Stones” would be a novelty Act to her..

I never got to see The Beatles live but did see Paul about 15 years ago when he was in good voice & still looked youthful.. Saw The Stones in 69 & they were excellent.. At their peak…

The thought of Paul, Mick, Keith & Ringo doing some Originals in some type of live Performance does seems pretty cool though.. Especially if they could conjure up some really great Originals.. 

We'll go together....Sit as close as possible to the stage....maybe put on some Beatle Boots or something!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

We'll go together....Sit as close as possible to the stage....maybe put on some Beatle Boots or something!

LOL! I’m in! I played in a Brit Invasion Band & actually have the Boots, Shea Jacket & George’s Help Jacket.. 

4 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

80 is almost dead, it’s old

Paul, Ringo, and Mick could probably do something great. Keith is useless as a guitar player at this point maybe one of them has a kid or someone who can play a decent guitar 

Mick still sings like Mick. Paul vocals are iffy these days. Maybe vocally together they could have a Sound.. They could let Keith play Bass like he did in Dirty Mac.. Paul is a good Lead Guitar Player.. Ringo has always been underrated on Drums..  

15 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Ringo has always been underrated on Drums..  

You're right....I've come to appreciate Ringo's drumming over the years...not flashy....just steady....and provided a different "beat" for each song....quite a feat!

(He's just such a 'Puke' these days!)

13 minutes ago, Murph said:

😁

Bwahahahaha.

Okay, Bob. What did he do that cheesed you ?

Well, Ben...nothing specific....I just get that 'vibe' from him....much like Carlos Santana is today....don't get me wrong.... I think Carlos is a huge talent....just a kind of 'puke'.... Ringo has become the same.    Maybe it's like Garth Brooks.... just too insincere.... 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I don't get it.  Lingo I never use.  Is a "puke" better or worse than being a "d i c k"?   And I've never noticed Ringo displaying that tendency lately.

Whitefang

I'd define Garth as the ultimate puke.... just totally insincere...and seems almost 'sissified' (is that an actual word?)

I want my Rock 'N Roll idols to be hard-driving and blunt.....whether I agree with them or not.   

I couldn't be more opposite of Joan Baez.... but she's honest...and I LOVE her music and her personality....

Hard to describe.

19 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Mick still sings like Mick. Paul vocals are iffy these days. Maybe vocally together they could have a Sound.. They could let Keith play Bass like he did in Dirty Mac.. Paul is a good Lead Guitar Player.. Ringo has always been underrated on Drums..  

Keith just doesn’t bring anything to the table these days. It would be a shame to remove Paul from bass just to shoehorn Keith in the mix. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Keith just doesn’t bring anything to the table these days. It would be a shame to remove Paul from bass just to shoehorn Keith in the mix. 

I agree, but, for Paul to play Bass they’d need to keep it simple.. Which isn’t a bad thing..

The way I picture it is, Paul & Mick are the Front Men. Taking turns Singing Lead on different New Original Tunes. (doubling the hard parts.) Keith could sing some backing harmonies.. Maybe 4 new Songs on an EP.. With doing a live Televised Performance…. It would really depend on the quality of Songs to really go over Big IMO….

• 1 month later...

Yeah Yeah Yeah it's a gas. . 

I don't know, but let's see.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Mick will out-sing Paul at this point, won't he - and too late to hear Starr and Watts together. Maybe Ringo and Richards can do some country harmonies. 

If it's in the big book of rock'n'roll predestined to be, I still don't know. . . 

See and try.