Gibson Brands Forums

Stuff just got real...

rct

What a bargain - very nice too.   Costs that for one bottle over here.

Your good health🍷

Our King's coronation is next weekend - Friday and Monday are public holidays.   Commemorative ales, wines, spirits etc are being produced left right and centre.

The UK is going to get insanely pissed.  For 4 days.

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jdgm said:

What a bargain - very nice too.   Costs that for one bottle over here.

Your good health🍷

Our King's coronation is next weekend - Friday and Monday are public holidays.   Commemorative ales, wines, spirits etc are being produced left right and centre.

The UK is going to get insanely pissed.  For 4 days.

You can drive over on the chunnel and get some straight from Louis.  I am so jelly.

rct

19 hours ago, rct said:

I last stocked up in late 2021, a bottle of Cristal was $239 or so, picked up three.  Today?  $349, no box.  Holy crap.

rct

I would imagine any wine that cost that much wouldn't come in a box.   Like..................  [wink]

wine-box-300x300.jpg

I suppose it all depends on what you're accustomed to.   [cool]

Whitefang

3 hours ago, Little Feat said:

Life is to short to drink flavorless lite (light) beer. I use that stuff for beer brats.

Where are the Spelling Czars for "lite". Yes I know that is how Miller spells it. I see it in the beer isle all the time.

I used to drink quality bourbon, and then had to give it up because I liked it too much.
And I would wake up on the hallway floor at one in the morning, wondering why the front door was open.

Same later on with quality, pricey dark beers.
They were putting weight on me.

I had to go low-carb in my overall diet, to lose some weight and keep it off, and that included the craft  beers.
Sadly, it's down to Miller Lite as far as best flavor and carb ratio.

And I think it's "the beer aisle" not isle.
Unless that a colloquial euphemism for something I'm not familiar with. 

😗

44 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

.... quality, pricey dark beers.

2 nights ago I popped the cap on a 330ml bottle of Special Export Guinness; 7.5% ABV, brewed in Dublin.  I'd had it in the fridge for 2 months.

The Rolls-Royce of Guinnesses.   Dark, superb, satisfyingly drinkable when that cold.  Best glass of beer I've had all year. 

You'd love it Spark.....

May Day holiday in England on Monday, then Friday and the next Monday for the Coronation celebrations.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Little Feat said:

Cristal? Is this really Kanye or Puff Daddy?

Korbel is an Epiphone, Cristal is a Custom Shop Les Paul.  So yeah, you drink it because you can.

rct

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Little Feat said:

Life is to short to drink flavorless lite (light) beer. I use that stuff for beer brats.

Where are the Spelling Czars for "lite". Yes I know that is how Miller spells it. I see it in the beer isle all the time.

Gotta remember.  We're living in a country full of places that offers  "E-Z" credit,   stores named "BI-RITE" and the "RITE AID" drug stores, "SAV-MOR" drug and food stores and so on.  Whaddya expect?  Hell, I've even seen discount florists offer special prices for "BOKAYS".  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

On 4/28/2023 at 11:49 AM, Little Feat said:

Is it  'feat'  or  'feet' ?     (Asking for a friend.)

On 4/28/2023 at 10:23 PM, jdgm said:

2 nights ago I popped the cap on a 330ml bottle of Special Export Guinness; 7.5% ABV, brewed in Dublin.  I'd had it in the fridge for 2 months.

The Rolls-Royce of Guinnesses.   Dark, superb, satisfyingly drinkable when that cold.  Best glass of beer I've had all year. 

You'd love it Spark.....

May Day holiday in England on Monday, then Friday and the next Monday for the Coronation celebrations.

EDIT - this is what I mean.  Foreign Extra, not Special Export.  Special Export is the Belgian-market Guinness which is even stronger; 8%.  I'll have to find some of that.

Beware! There is also a Nigerian-brewed version which has maize and sorghum added and tastes truly horrible.   Country of origin on back label.

These are the sort of facts which need to be correct on the internet. [smile]

P1050646.jpg

Edited by jdgm

2 hours ago, Little Feat said:

All the misspelled words in this groups name must make your eyeballs pop out of their sockets.

Def Leppard Logo | Rock band logos, Def leppard, Def leppard art

Really, the "Def" in their name isn't a misspelling of "deaf" but a common(back when they formed) slang term for "excellent".

I can't find anything explaining the "Leppard" but it's not a reference to the animal known as a "Leopard".   Most I can find it's the surname of some British born musicologist.

Raymond Leppard.

Whitefang

4 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Bud Light's pretty cheap right now.

And I noticed when I was watching last year's NASCAR race yesterday that Kid Rock was sponsoring the Mexican driver's car.  So yes, things are complicated out there...

Yep. Up Is Down !  

On 4/27/2023 at 3:53 PM, rct said:

I last stocked up in late 2021, a bottle of Cristal was $239 or so, picked up three.  Today?  $349, no box.  Holy crap.

rct

I've never had Cristal, so I can't comment on cost. But I can complain that I used to get Eagle Rare for about $33-$40, not it's over $100 just because some hipsters decided that it was trendy a few years ago and it flies off shelves as soon as it comes in.

20 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Probably due to that silly boycott.  I mean, who gives a sh!t who promotes it?  If you enjoyed it and drank it for years before that "he/she" was tagged to promote it why let that stop you from buying what you want?  It's STILL America, ain't it?

Whitefang

I had Cristal once, when our house was rebuilt and we moved in about a year ago. Cost ~$300. It was really good and worth it. That night probably anything would have been worth it but nonetheless. Next Milestone, I'll have it again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

And I noticed when I was watching last year's NASCAR race yesterday that Kid Rock was sponsoring the Mexican driver's car.  So yes, things are complicated out there...

Unfortunately true. I had let go of some friendships over the last seven years. I never knew they felt a certain way about specific earthling types..... Pretty shocked actually. .... But oh well.

If it's not family I pretty much can move on without reflection.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tman said:

I had Cristal once, when our house was rebuilt and we moved in about a year ago. Cost ~$300. It was really good and worth it. That night probably anything would have been worth it but nonetheless. Next Milestone, I'll have it again.

Are them some bubbles or what?  Just divine, multiple sizes.  What a great bite of champagne.  Dammit I want some.

rct

22 hours ago, Little Feat said:

If you drink Bud Light, you deserve to enjoy ever nasty mouthful in the can/bottle/glass. I didn't drink it before the he/she/it promoted it and I won't start now. I use it for beer brats and that is about it.

Life is to short to play junky guitars, or drink flavorless beer.

I don't drink beer at all.  Anymore.  But when I did it wasn't very often and never to excess, and the only beers I liked were Labatt's Blue  and Lowenbrau dark.  And towards the end of my beer drinking there was Dos Equis.  MUCH better Mexican beer than Corona. IMHO.

Whitefang