Gibson Brands Forums

Who Lost Their Coke....

Murph

Then there's Grace Slick, wanting to dose Nixon - that would have been intersting.

On a more serious note, I discovered when I had my heart attack that the doctor's are seeing a very strong correlation between past cocaine abuse and heart attacks in people my age (mid to late 50s).

If anyone here has children, I would stress that the effects from drug use today can really come back and bite you later on.   The damage you're doing won't show up until later on.

Of course, kids probaby won't listen to some old fart but it's worth a shot.

Edited by SteveFord
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, rct said:

Mods must be vacationing in Cancun 

I think everyone is behaving pretty well.

We all know the rules.

The event did happen. Luckily it wasn't anthrax.

Or worse.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Then there's Grace Slick, wanting to dose Nixon - that would have been intersting.

On a more serious note, I discovered when I had my heart attack that the doctor's are seeing a very strong correlation between past cocaine abuse and heart attacks in people my age (mid to late 50s).

If anyone here has children, I would stress that the effects from drug use today can really come back and bite you later on.   The damage you're doing won't show up until later on.

Of course, kids probaby won't listen to some old fart but it's worth a shot.

I thought of that too. they say they didn't let her in because she brought Abbie Hoffman with her.  Nixon could have used a hit of Owsley ...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Karloff said:

I thought of that too. they say they didn't let her in because she brought Abbie Hoffman with her.  Nixon could have used a hit of Owsley ...

Grace was an absolute alcoholic and LSD gobbler.  God know what else she put in her body, and if you see her now it shows. She came from money, but wanted to be in a band. Shame, she was smokin hot in the late 60's and early 70's, an had a good voice.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/what-happened-when-grace-slick-left-jefferson-starship

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Murph said:

I think everyone is behaving pretty well.

We all know the rules.

The event did happen. Luckily it wasn't anthrax.

Or worse.

Whoever did it should be 'outed' and charged to the max  - because they opened up Pandoras Box.  Crazies in this country, we have a few.  Haters in other countries, one or two.  And of course, foreign intelligence services who will consider the possibilities of what they might do.      Whoever is investigating announced they'll be done in a week.  It would seem that must mean they already know who the culprit is.  Now that they've narrowed down to where it was found, after three guesses.  

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Grace was an absolute alcoholic and LSD gobbler.  God know what else she put in her body, and if you see her now it shows. She came from money, but wanted to be in a band. Shame, she was smokin hot in the late 60's and early 70's, an had a good voice.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/what-happened-when-grace-slick-left-jefferson-starship

Gracie in a Nazi uniform on stage, drunk and in total control? 🤣
I do like her as a singer, very much.

Edited by OrdinaryNimda

11 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Gracie in a Nazi uniform on stage, drunk and in total control? 🤣
I do like her as a singer, very much.

I saw her when she was still in the Jefferson Starship and once with that atrocity just Starship (a friend talked me into going, mistake)

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Grace was a beautiful woman when she was younger.

The Jefferson Airplane wouldn't have been much without her, I don't think.  She really was the star of the band.

The original female singer, I think her name was Signe or Singe didn't last but one album. Marty sang most of the stuff on that first album.

3 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

In this FREEDOM song (1989) Grace Slick usually kills me, goose bumps, memories & such.
Love that voice! 

I checked out after Volunteers. The J S had a good song here and there, but just were not as impressive as J A.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

In this FREEDOM song (1989) Grace Slick usually kills me, goose bumps, memories & such.
Love that voice! 

I was front row & center for that tour at Merriweather Post Pavillion. best tune on that album is Too Many Years by Jorma ...

• Thanks 1

1. Never met a coke user that ever let their "bag" out of their sight, let alone "leave" it anywhere. 

2. Coke users somehow seem to become "accountants", always knowing exactly how much they have left and where it is.

3. Never knew a coke user who stopped "partying" until the bag was empty. (and then they licked it clean!)

4. If cops come to your house, maybe to break up a loud party, and find a bag of "coke", it is assumed to be the home owners dope, unless someone else claims it.  (the same applies to your car.) Since the White House is "the Peoples House", are we all guilty of possession now?

Edited by Sheepdog1969
clarification
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

1. Never met a coke user that ever let their "bag" out of their sight, let alone "leave" it anywhere. 

2. Coke users somehow seem to become "accountants", always knowing exactly how much they have left and where it is.

3. Never knew a coke user who stopped "partying" until the bag was empty. (and then they licked it clean!)

4. If cops come to your house, maybe to break up a loud party, and find a bag of "coke", it is assumed to be the home owners dope, unless someone else claims it.  (the same applies to your car.) Since the White House is "the Peoples House", are we all guilty of possession now?

The buying and selling of cocaine seemed to be the only time most Americans took any interest in the metric system.   [wink]

Whitefang

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

The buying and selling of cocaine seemed to be the only time most Americans took any interest in the metric system.   [wink]

Whitefang

Yep buying and selling drugs taught us the metric system. A kilo is 2.2 pounds.

• Haha 2