Gibson Brands Forums

Pee Wee

Sgt. Pepper

Yeah, bummer.  I loved that dude.  He did well in other roles besides Pee Wee.  But Pee Wee is iconic.  I remember first seeing him in an HBO special in the early '80's.  A few years before the TV show.  It blew me away.  

You could catch glimpses of Reubens in movies like THE BLUES BROTHERS('80)  and a couple of Cheech and Chong movies and as a "speedboat salesman" in the movie MATILDA('96).

In all, Reubens was in 24 films in various roles and lent his voice to five others.

Whitefang

• Like 1

Compared to what we deal with today, getting caught whippin' skippy in a theater isn't that big of a deal, haha!  Sort of desensitized at this point. 

Back then though, I would say it was different since he was a kid's show guy and all that...  At least he could go back to making movies.  Whatever, people make mistakes and I don't feel bad showing his movies to my kids.  Not jerkin' it in those as far as I know. 

8 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Compared to what we deal with today, getting caught whippin' skippy in a theater isn't that big of a deal, haha!  Sort of desensitized at this point. 

Back then though, I would say it was different since he was a kid's show guy and all that...  At least he could go back to making movies.  Whatever, people make mistakes and I don't feel bad showing his movies to my kids.  Not jerkin' it in those as far as I know. 

Now its 3 clicks of a mouse, and we can play with the sock puppet in the privacy of our own home.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Now its 3 clicks of a mouse, and we can play with the sock puppet in the privacy of our own home.

haha yeah, if internet was around back then like it is today, he wouldn't have any of these issues.  Just need to be careful if you are Zoooming or whatever people use these days not to get caught live streaming birthday suits.  That's apparently where people need to be careful these days 😆  Cover them webcams!