Gibson Brands Forums

Power Trip Festival

Rabs

too far for me too I'm afraid Rabs (hey, I don't know if I've ever used the two different versions of too in one short sentence)... anyway, that must be a mighty big 'polo club' [scared]

If it were at my local pub and I only had money for one night I'd probably pick the Sunday for Too-l  ( [laugh]) , but I'm sure all the bands will please the fans and the vibe would be laid back. 

I'm not sure how all these bands hold up today, but at one time I was a fan of every band in this lineup. I'm not gonna be cynical and mock them for keeping at it. Of them all, Tool is the youngest.  Then I will guess in descending order, G and R,  Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC and lastly Judas Priest.  

2 hours ago, saturn said:

I'm not sure how all these bands hold up today, but at one time I was a fan of every band in this lineup. I'm not gonna be cynical and mock them for keeping at it. Of them all, Tool is the youngest.  Then I will guess in descending order, G and R,  Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC and lastly Judas Priest.  

Sounds right to me Saturn - Tool would be in their 50's and GnR/Metallica about 60. I reckon so long as the singers can still hit most of the notes pretty well (or get Axl to sub in for them [laugh]) then the older acts usually put on a strong show and pace themselves well.

...and yep, its all well and good for cynics to mock them whilst still putting their own shtuff on YouTube. :rolleyes:

We were going to this with the Metallica connection. Black Sabbath were on the line up as well but pulled out. Unfortunately it coincides with other business and other people crossing the pond in this direction. 

On 9/3/2023 at 9:00 AM, 'Scales said:

Sounds right to me Saturn - Tool would be in their 50's and GnR/Metallica about 60. I reckon so long as the singers can still hit most of the notes pretty well (or get Axl to sub in for them [laugh]) then the older acts usually put on a strong show and pace themselves well.

...and yep, its all well and good for cynics to mock them whilst still putting their own shtuff on YouTube. :rolleyes:

Axl sounds horrible live for the most part these days, unfortunately