Gibson Brands Forums

Howdy Geetar Heads

I took a hiatus away due to my pops passing January 3rd. Strange not having him around since he was a huge part my life for 59 years, but I know he's in a better place now.

So how is everyone???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So sorry for your loss.   I recall your talking about him.

I lost my dad 26 years ago.

Lost one of my oldest cousins yesterday.... he was 89, (would have been 90 in July).

Life is fleeting....enjoy each day as if it was your last....one day it will be.

Its a sad fact of life and its tough. I hope you are coping as well as may be expected. 

Same old here. I love my life and I'm already 7 years older than my dad ever reached. I'm looking to max that difference as best I can. 

Edited by merciful-evans
spilleng
  • Like 1

Yes... Sorry to hear that Duane..  Also been there. My father died in 2018 followed a few months later by one of my oldest and closest friends.

My condolences to your and your family. Take care of yourself.

I use to frown upon it when I did something or said something just like my Dad would - when he was alive.   Now, that he has moved on - even after 15 years, I smile when I do something or say something like he use to . 

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

I use to frown upon it when I did something or said something just like my Dad would - when he was alive.   Now, that he has moved on - even after 15 years, I smile when I do something or say something like he use to . 

We all turn into our parents.

1 hour ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

For better or worse, I have turned into my Dad...   ...when he was 12. 🤪

You remember your dad when he was 12?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You remember your dad when he was 12?

Ha, that's funny! 

I was implying that I have become almost as good a man that my father is, but with the maturity/child like abandon of a 12 year old. (If I'm not playing guitar, you may find me playing with my Hot Wheels!)

However,  in a somewhat similar note to a son knowing his 12 year old dad, Ray Stevens apparently is his own Grandpa, 

Edited by Sheepdog1969
clarification

On 4/10/2024 at 10:33 AM, duane v said:

I took a hiatus away due to my pops passing January 3rd. Strange not having him around since he was a huge part my life for 59 years, but I know he's in a better place now.

So how is everyone???

Sorry to hear about your Father's passing, Duane. I've been there too. I hope the coming days bring an easing of the heavy emotional burden of grief. I take it you're a regular here and I thank everyone for their spirit of kindness and caring.  I suddenly found this forum a few weeks ago after being unaware of its existence until now.  I feel like a stray Penguin would had wandered off and gotten lost from the flock but now has found it again, if that makes sense and doesn't sound too hokey.  Hang in there; I promise you it will get better.

In my life, I have had too many instances of  inexplicable events - that all point to something "supernatural"  - for me to believe there is not something, somewhere for us when we die.  Out of respect for others' beliefs, I just deleted some thoughts I penned -  which travelled past Feelings, through Philosophy and stood on the threshold of 'religion'.  I can only offer the inescapable fact that everyone here has experienced the pain of loss of a loved one at some time in their lives, and we share that real, but invisible bond with both of you, Duane and John.