Gibson Brands Forums

This Is To Inspire Young People To Vote

Sgt. Pepper

So a rock star from the 60’s who has passed away, and probably only us old farts listen to, is going to inspire young people to vote? Plus this is the second time Martin has done this same guitar (which is ridiculous). They even put David in that dumb wool hat he constantly wore. Only 47 were made to coincide with the 47th President that will be elected (Political comments deleted by Phil).

It’s only $1649. Come on Chris. I dig your guitars, but this is silly x 2.

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/D-11E-Rock-the-Vote.html?cgid=guitars

Edited by Phil OKeefe
Removed political comments

17 minutes ago, dhanners623 said:

I know there is only an “unofficial” Martin forum, but I wonder if there are any Gibson enthusiasts on it who a) don’t own a Martin and b) yammer on incoherently about Gibson guitars….

I have owned about 20+ Gibson’s tho (got pics to, ya know the saying . . .  or it didn’t happen). So I do have first hand experience with them. I’m not just reading c-rap off the net and talking about them, that is the difference.

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

If they took off Crosby and replaced him with Hulk Hogan, I'd get one.

Oh, my. A preference for a fake wrestler over a brilliant musician. I don't care about politics when deciding the artists I embrace. And, well, when I'm considering the merits of artists, I don't include fake wrestlers. Sigh.

54 minutes ago, jt said:

Oh, my. A preference for a fake wrestler over a brilliant musician. I don't care about politics when deciding the artists I embrace. And, well, when I'm considering the merits of artists, I don't include fake wrestlers. Sigh.

In reality, I wouldn't buy either one. I think the only two Martin guitars with graphics that I've ever consider buying was the Louvin Brothers and the Fly Fisherman.

card_D-28-Louvin-Brothers_f.jpg?sw=600&stds6tumnmc0dirmmuxc3.jpg

Edited by Dave F

Cognitive Dissonance:  When a thread on one major guitar producer's forum  is deleted because it gets political in discussing a political offering by its competition. 

(Almost makes you wonder if Martin cranked a few of these out - maybe found rejects and painted their face - to activate a troll on the Gibson Forum site.  Since they don't have one.  A forum, that is:  "Oh, aren't these political guitars ugly?  Stolen Election!  Nyaaa, nyaaa..... GO! " )

It’s curious that some would see a guitar intended to get young people to vote as political. Yeah, Crosby never really hid his politics, but the guitar (ugly as it is…) doesn’t advocate for any particular candidate or party or point of view beyond telling people to exercise their right to vote.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dhanners623 said:

It’s curious that some would see a guitar intended to get young people to vote as political. Yeah, Crosby never really hid his politics, but the guitar (ugly as it is…) doesn’t advocate for any particular candidate or party or point of view beyond telling people to exercise their right to vote.

I can't speak for fortyyearspickn, but it's not the guitar that is political. It's the comments in the OP that crossed that line. 

@Sgt. Pepper, can you please remove this part of your original post? 

(if it’s not stolen again . . . seriously that was the best they could come up with because they lost?). It’s like 2 eight year olds on the playground. . . he stole my brand new election (tears of course running down the poor kids face).

Your post was fine outside of that, but that's the part where you went political, and that is against the site rules. If you want to keep the thread open, please remove that from your OP. Thank you 

Edit: I went ahead and deleted the political comments for you. 

On 9/2/2024 at 1:13 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s only $1649. Come on Chris. I dig your guitars, but this is silly x 2.

Good to see you're not immune to throwing one Martin's way once in a (great) while..

On 9/2/2024 at 5:33 PM, gearbasher said:

Where is it made? At that price, it would be hard to believe it's made in the US.

It's described as a D-11. Aren't models starting at D-15 Nazareth-made?

On 9/2/2024 at 5:33 PM, gearbasher said:

Where is it made? At that price, it would be hard to believe it's made in the US.

Only slightly less than the D-15, but its limited numbers, graphics, and possible collectibility might narrow the $ gap. Sycamore back and sides. When the D-15 came out, c.1999, it was shocking (to me) to see that an all-solid Martin dread could be had for $549. I was in. The shop also had a sycamore D-15, new, for $429, they were testing the market. It was as light as a feather, esp. compared to the all-hog '15. . . sounded that way, too, compared to the rumbly sound of the D-15M.

23 hours ago, Dave F said:

If they took off Crosby and replaced him with Hulk Hogan, I'd get one.

That was funny. I chose to laugh, rather than get offended.

Edited by 62burst
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 62burst said:

That was funny. I chose to laugh, rather than get offended.

That was the intent but sometimes I need to curb my humor. When I saw the white mustache, the Hulk was the first thing that popped in my head. I definitely like my Martins. I have a new 0012-28 Modern Deluxe due any day. No graphics. I'm still going to vote.

My brother met him last week 

53969875895_7d939172ac_b.jpg

Edited by Dave F
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, 62burst said:

Good to see you're not immune to throwing one Martin's way once in a (great) while..

It's described as a D-11. Aren't models starting at D-15 Nazareth-made?

D-15’ s are USA made. Owned 3. Great guitars. My second one was my favorite.