Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar companies ONLY making in USA?

heymisterk

Californiaman's post listing job openings at Gibson got me thinking: Are there any guitar companies - that aren't tiny, boutique companies - that ONLY manufacture in the USA? Gibson, Fender, PRS, and even Hamer and G&L have import versions. The only one I could come up with - though it might be considered a boutique company - is Heritage. Any others?

Up until a few years ago I could have said Carvin, but don't they import some Chinese acoustics?

I could vomit violently and loudly about the whole thing.

My '83 Strat came in yesterday and I had a warm fuzzy feeling knowing it was born in California, not Guadalajara or Dung-Chow.

Gibson does not have import versions. Not labeled GIBSON anyway. Epiphone might belong to them but they are not gibsons.

All of the others do have import versions labeled after the USA made "real thing", but not gibson. Gibson guitars are only made in the united states of america.

The Made in the USA thing is kind of strange since all you have to have is a certain % of it made here to call it USA.

I mean when I think Gibson, sure it is made in the USA but mahogany comes from other countries right? right there is the majority of the guitar then you add German nickel hardware.

I think the label Crafted in the USA would be more appropriate.

The Made in the USA thing is kind of strange since all you have to have is a certain % of it made here to call it USA.

I mean when I think Gibson' date=' sure it is made in the USA but mahogany comes from other countries right? right there is the majority of the guitar then you add German nickel hardware.

I think the label Crafted in the USA would be more appropriate.[/quote']

+1

I mean when I think Gibson' date=' sure it is made in the USA but mahogany comes from other countries right? right there is the majority of the guitar then you add German nickel hardware.

Right. I really like Grover tuners, but I understand they're now made in Korea.

I think we should make everything in China. Reminds me of Frank Herberts "Dune" . Planet IX I think was the planet that did all the high tech manufacturing. Who needs well paying manufacturing jobs. Lazy over paid union bums.

I wonder if the U.S. is Calidan or the Emperor's planet.

=P~ Right as always.

I think the label Crafted in the USA would be more appropriate.[/quote']That is a gray issue . The wood comes in solid blocks , not precut or preshaped as a guitar body or neck at all . Kinda like buying iron ore from another country and then casting it or forging it into an iron block. Who actually made it?

Archived