Gibson Brands Forums

Do You Play Computer Games?

pumpkin

i play a few things off & on. i really like Hidden Object type games like Hidden Expedition, word games like Bookworm Adventures Deluxe, and i used to play the original Sims when it came out.

i just read that theres a new Sims 3 & im really wanting it!

what do you play?

I used to play Diamond Mine online. As to home games, one daughter has a Nintendo DS Lite and the other has an ipod touch so I don't even get within ten feet of them. They frighten me. As to home games, we do have an old 1988 Nintendo and we use it for Tetris, Wrecking Crew, the original Mario Bros. I'm not hi-tech and I'm easily amused.

I've played over 10,000 games of euchre on Yahoo Games. I play a little solitaire with Solitaire Till Dawn. Outside of that, American McGee's Alice is the only computer game I've played.

Console wise, I play a lot of Tertis DX on my GB Color, Road Rash on my Nintendo 64, and Virtua Fighter 2 on my Saturn. No plans to buy newer consoles.

I used to play Diamond Mine online. As to home games' date=' one daughter has a Nintendo DS Lite and the other has an ipod touch so I don't even get within ten feet of them. They frighten me. As to home games, we do have an old 1988 Nintendo and we use it for [b']Tetris,[/b] Wrecking Crew, the original Mario Bros. I'm not hi-tech and I'm easily amused.

have you been to google today? its the 25th anniversary of tetris!

http://www.google.com/

Yep!

I've been playing World of Warcraft for the past couple of years and played several other games of the same genre over the past 10 years. I'm also seriously addicted to Mafia Wars on Facebook.

Oh Yeah! I am Don Royale con Queso in Mafia Wars. I also like Street Racers on Facebook..

I spend more time on guitar and fighting than games these days O:)

On the PS3 a bit of DEAD SPACE late at night whilst drunk is good!

On my PC which is about to be mega powerful I like the TOTAL WAR series....

Regards

I LOVED Medieval Total War.... GREAT game!

None.

Ever.

I get on a computer and it's off to the internet.

Too much to see in this big ol' world...

:-)

No. It seems like a lot of effort to learn how to do something that is a waste of time.

Ya know, the image of some geek playing computer games every waking hour of the day is a bit passe. If it's fun, it's not a waste of time. One could argue that obsessing over guitars or spending hours a day practicing for some one in a million chance at making a living in the music industry is a waste of time - and, believe me, I've heard that one before.

Funny thing with guitar and bands is is that, when you're in your teens or 20's, people tell you that you're wasting your time and should be more focused on school or your job but, after you hit some age (30 or so?), guitar is no longer a waste of time but an artistic endeavor. What the hell is the difference?

No PC games for me, I've been working with PCs since the early 80's and I still think of the pc as a tool...nothing more, nothing less...When I went to work for Compaq in the 80's, I got paid to play games, because that's how we tested our bios and os to ensure that they were 100% compatible with the IBM PC...I do play on the playstation with my kids sometimes...

It's probably due to my age but I don't actually get them. In the mid 70's when Pong came along I played it some. It was like air hockey when you have limited space, but I never saw the point of games that invoved making "kills" like space invaders or the games based on war themes. I did not see the "game" aspect of killing. I'm impressed by the graphics but I just don't get anything playing them.

Yep!

I've been playing World of Warcraft for the past couple of years and played several other games of the same genre over the past 10 years. I'm also seriously addicted to Mafia Wars on Facebook.

No ****? I never would have pegged you for a wow player. I've played since May '07.

Archived