Gibson Brands Forums

You tube

guitar_randy

Just received another lovely comment on my you tube page from some guy who says,"you have alot of guitars,but can't play them perfect.Why don't you by a cheap guitar,and go from there."

I never claimed to play perfect.I play mostly for myself,for fun.I'm really not trying to impress anyone.So I click on his page and he's got total crap guitars,plays way out of tune,and couple vids of him and his band trying to play a song,but it sounds like they are not all playing the same song.It terrible.I usually don't leave insults on peoples playing ot attempting to play things,but in this case,,I made an exception.I hate people like that . You tube has lots of them too.I guess I'm just venting a bit because sometimes this kind of stuff just irritates me and ask,WHY?

Yea,you tube seems to have lots of that.i guess I just don't get it.I guess I just don't get why one guitar player would want to tell another one he sucks.Its just a different mindset I guess.When I go on ther ,its usually to try and learn something from the guy playing.And lots of times I can learn stuff from alot of them.Usually there is always something to learn by watching anyone else play.Sometimes it what not to do.Like you may notice a bad habit or something and make a mental note to try to not to that in your own playing.Sometimes its certain parts to a song or how someone holds a pick.Its endless.always something to learn from be it good or bad.I would think for a guy to go around with that negative attitude,and thinking hes better than everyone else,I'd think that guy would probably not be learning anything.He's too busy patting himself on the back.

You have a youtube page? Post the link!

Dont mind youtube idiots, Ive seen idiots tlaking down to a guy because of his non historic guitar and how bad he plays (don't know the guy in real life but he has been here in this forum a couple of times and he plays good and have some nice guitars, gibbies and epis included), then I go to his detractors videos and they cannot play at all, have crappy guitars and are complete idiots (you can say by the way they act in their videos).

With any silly response like this I use my favorite 4 letter word ...NEXT Seriously, just say it 3 times NEXT NEXT NEXT. This always makes me laugh and releases me from the moment. DO not let anyone steal your time in the now by keeping you locked in the past, for any reason. Keep this in mind..

IF YOU THINK-- YOU STINK

IF YOU PLAY -- YOUR OK

IF YOU BURN -- YOU WILL EARN

Just remember, children have access to Youtube and get off on practicing their bad manners. Trying to figure out "why" they do that will drive you nuts.

I post stuff on yutube, also. But way before YouTube and before the Internet, I learned a Valuable Lesson............

"Take Compliments and Criticism with the same Grain of Salt".

My Youtube Channel

There's my channel. Chock full of MMistakes and Imperfections :-/

Thanks LeBudfromHull_SG, That was Sylvia.

I loved that Resonator, it sounded and looked Great, but the headstock broke off one night. Too much Tuning and Retuning for a Pieced Together Neck.

I have plans for the Resonator cone and Bridge, I'm gonna try to put them in a Dreadnaught sized acoustic. I miss havin' a resonator around.

P.S. *****en Kitty in your Avatar. Yours?

Just received another lovely comment on my you tube page from some guy who says' date='"you have alot of guitars,but can't play them perfect.Why don't you by a cheap guitar,and go from there."

I never claimed to play perfect.I play mostly for myself,for fun.I'm really not trying to impress anyone.So I click on his page and he's got total crap guitars,plays way out of tune,and couple vids of him and his band trying to play a song,but it sounds like they are not all playing the same song.It terrible.I usually don't leave insults on peoples playing ot attempting to play things,but in this case,,I made an exception.I hate people like that . You tube has lots of them too.I guess I'm just venting a bit because sometimes this kind of stuff just irritates me and ask,WHY?[/quote']

This video sums up those people

Yeah, I would just not worry about it. I've become numb to the idiotic comments. I write a lot of journal articles that are reviewed by some pig-headed people. I remember one time I got three reviews back on this one particular paper. Two gave it a rating of "excellent paper" and stated to publish it with minimal changes. The third blasted it. But he didn't find any flaws in the theory. Instead the reviewer literally said "this reminds me of the young composer who went to his teacher and said 'I just composed a piece that has both beauty and novelty' to which the teacher said 'yes but the beautiful part is not novel and the novel part is not beautiful'." Luckily the editor paid no attention to him.

Critical comments are very useful, but personal attacks usually mean that 1) either the person has something against the world in general, or 2) the person is jealous. Just don't let it get to you.

Thanks LeBudfromHull_SG' date=' That was Sylvia.

P.S. *****en Kitty in your Avatar. Yours?[/quote']

That's a stray that adopted us last year ... I named him Nimrod.

He's what I'd call a "putty cat" ... never bites, scratches or hisses no matter

how you twist him around. Very laid back.

BTW - great job on SRV pride & joy !

That's a stray that adopted us last year ... I named him Nimrod.

He's what I'd call a "putty cat" ... never bites' date=' scratches or hisses no matter

how you twist him around. Very laid back.

BTW - great job on SRV pride & joy ![/quote']

That's so cool, I love it when a Cat decides your his or her Roomate. As long as it a Good kitty.

Thanks again for the compliments. I started putting stuff on Youtube to get over my Fear of Recording Devices, But it turned out to be so much fun I kept it up.

Hmmm' date=' sounds like the guy's jealous. Some people like to blow out your candle because they think it'll make theirs look brighter. Gotta feel sorry for people like that.[/quote']

Well put. I like that saying, and am thinking on stealing it. Hmmm... Yes, I'm glad to see you are using my cool sayings. LOL :-k

Archived