Gibson Brands Forums

How Often Do You Play ?

suburude63

Mine is on a stand right next the sofa so that at any time I can just reach a little and there it is, in my arms and being played. I play every day and even if I'm not really in the mood, I can pick it up just so it knows it is loved.

There are times in the office when I get an urge to play and I almost go into a conniption fit. If I wasn't such a baby about people hearing me play I would be more inclined to have one in the office.

At home you cannot go ten feet in any direction without being within arm's reach of a guitar. I saw to that. I have been known to pick up the nearest one and play a minute while waiting for the toast to pop.

Doesn't mean I'm any good, just that I almost always have one in hand.....

At home you cannot go ten feet in any direction without being within arm's reach of a guitar. I saw to that. I have been known to pick up the nearest one and play a minute while waiting for the toast to pop.

i play between one and two hrs/day. when i'm home i constantly have one near. funny about the toast poppin' comment. when i am doing my workout routine at home i play during my 'breather' moments. every once in a while i realize that i am doing something now that i couldn't do before. practice makes better - at every stage of the game.

Mine is on a stand right next the sofa so that at any time I can just reach a little and there it is' date=' in my arms and being played. I play every day and even if I'm not really in the mood, I can pick it up just so it knows it is loved.[/quote']

I have a "bang around" Hondo 6 (or so) string that sits right next to the couch. I'll switch the cable TV to the music stations (classic rock, oldies, rock, 70s, 80s) till I find something interesting and play along.. Weekends are "2 fors" on a couple of the stations, better chance of finding something really nice to play along with, so I un-case my Gibson..

I play everyday, I started taking lessons a couple years ago and work on my Mel Bay modern guitar method homework everyday. I also just run through scales, play the first 20 secs of every tom petty song, then convince myself I am getting better until i watch Brad Paisley and then want to quit. So yes I do play everyday.

Ted

Every day' date=' though now usually the mandolin instead of the guitar.

Even when I dont feel like playing (WHAT!!!) eventually a tune will go through my head and I'll think, "Hmmmm - bet I can figure that out" and then I'm playing again.[/quote']

That's me too. I am constantly inspired by songs I hear throughout the day and as soon as I get home I'll grab the guitar and figure them out. Yesterday's new discovery was Miranda Lambert's White Liar. Haven't got a new one for today but will likely work on some older ones. I admit I go through phases where I won't play for days, but then I'll go through weekends where that's all I do, especially if the weather's bad outside.

There are times in the office when I get an urge to play and I almost go into a conniption fit. If I wasn't such a baby about people hearing me play I would be more inclined to have one in the office.

Doesn't mean I'm any good' date=' just that I almost always have one in hand.....[/quote']

ksdaddy I hope you dont mind but I am going to use your final statement as a signiture! It hit the nail on the head for me ! Thanks! suburude

Usually once I start I end up playing for at least 2 hours. Lately I've been finding those 20-30" times to be worth it, although it is hard to stop and the time goes by too quickly I play pretty much every day, but i miss occasionally.

Every evening once I get back from work, 30-40 mins, then 1-2 hours per day at weekends.

Trying to run through every fiddle tune I've learnt since I started my obsession with Bluegrass (around 7 currently) in order to totally memorise them, then go back to more contemporary stuff like REM, Eagles, Beatles etc.

I usually play between 3 and 5 2hr live shows a week, as well as picking up a guitar at least every other day to write. I often pick up my 12-fretter to play for fun too, so I play a great deal of guitar...I still suck though! ;-)

That's me too. I am constantly inspired by songs I hear throughout the day and as soon as I get home I'll grab the guitar and figure them out. Yesterday's new discovery was Miranda Lambert's White Liar. Haven't got a new one for today but will likely work on some older ones. I admit I go through phases where I won't play for days' date=' but then I'll go through weekends where that's all I do, especially if the weather's bad outside.

[/quote']

My last four weekends have been tied up with othere stuff, but this weekend I am totally free! I just cant wait. Even though the weather here in Denver is going to be beautiful (low 40's to mid 60's) I will likely be inside both days playing fiddle tunes.

Archived