Gibson Brands Forums

TWilson ....... the Forum's loss

Johnt

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oi Modfather' date=' have you removed Gretchen? [/quote']

I reckon someone removed quite a chunk of stuff.

Would it be approprate to ask if this thread could be frozen after a few days ( giving all a chance to post their goodbyes)

Sad day.

Tight lines buddy................................................us gnomes will miss you bad!

I DO like the idea of Telboy jamming on the harp though!

He liked Donovan and I hope he "wears his love like heaven"

Mr. Wilson...enjoy the chicken fried steak up there, it must be "heavenly". Don't forget to jam with Jerry, Jimi and Elvis. Give Marilyn a kiss and buy Janis a drink.

Oh, and I'd be happy to occasionally "bash a few Brits" in your honor.

I reckon someone removed quite a chunk of stuff.

Would it be approprate to ask if this thread could be frozen after a few days ( giving all a chance to post their goodbyes)

Sad day.

Tight lines buddy................................................us gnomes will miss you bad!

I DO like the idea of Telboy jamming on the harp though!

He liked Donovan and I hope he "wears his love like heaven"

Totally agree. I have removed my post.

Sorry for any disrespect anyone may have felt.

I ALWAYS looked forward to TWilson posts here! He was always funny, informative and helpful. In some ways it is impossible to know someone based upon forum posts.....yet in other ways I think you get so see a part of a person here that tends be stay hidden away in person.

From Terry's posts you knew he was a "good guy" and a wonderful soul. He will be sorely missed. There are few who post to a forum that when they are gone the forum truly changes.... TWilson is one of those and there will always be a hole here!

Very sad indeed!

Just thought I would BUMP

A few posts from our friend:

TWilson --------

" I paid $25,000 for a new Dodge pickup truck and within 5 years the paint (clear coat) started peeling off. Chrystler would do nothing to remedy this. I hope they fold!! The truck looks like it should be in a leper colony. I may have it painted vintage sunburst."

" I have an "On/Off" button on my remote as well as the ability to change channels. They both come in quite handy!"

"At first I thought this post was assinine but then thought perhaps you're just a cunning linguist."

" Johnt- I was thinking you'd make an appearance soon but didn't imagine you'd be so daft after such a short time! Well, have you hit the "Buy It Now" button yet? Get busy mate, you NEED this axe. It will compliment your leopard skin somoking jacket and red fez quite nicely I think. Why get an SJ-300 when you can have this little darlin' for a fraction of the price? Luckily the battery went dead on the person's cordless hand drill before this guitar got any airier! Good luck and Bob's your uncle. "

"Yep! Don't try to play no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll!!"

"And for ksdaddy: A father bursts into his sons room unannounced: " Didn't I tell you you'd go blind if you didn't stop doing that?"

Son: " Hey, dad, I'm over here!""

"My friend. "Ramblin' Rex', who went to high school with Paul Butterfield and played on stage with him and also with Albert Collins, told me what he did. I remember asking him five or ten years ago what he did to get to where he was . He said what Jayla is saying. He told me that you just have to have that as your main interest in life and play and play and play every day. For that reason, I'm not as good as I should be after all the years I've been at it. My gauge is that I've arrived at a point where I can get out my geetar, pop a beer or have a nice glasss of Red, start playing and singing songs that I've really enjoyed for years and think to myself, " Wow, that was great. Think I'll keep doing it til I puke." Or, something like that. So, if you're not satisfied, just keep goin'.!! Oh, I forgot, chicks like guitar players too. Yep, even "old" chicks"

Here's my Gibbys with world reknowned Country Rapper (Crapper) Lucky Rexforde.

Pic1215.jpg

Pic375.jpg

Pic1194.jpg

Node

Most sincerely , a thousand thanks for that.....a suitable way in which to close this thread in my opinion.

Mr Moderator I would like to propose the thread is frozen now ( but still available to view).

Terry tight lines buddy!!

Bob's your uncle and Adios from me!

(Adios + Literally translated, the word is the contraction of "a" (to) and "Dios" (God), from the old Spanish phrase "A Dios vais" ("You're going to God", meaning to the Kingdom of Heaven.)

One final post from me...here is Terry's obituary as posted in the newspaper and note the online guest registry if you would like to post to that:

Terry Lee Wilson, 62, of Corvallis, Oregon passed away December 9, 2009 at Good Samaritan Hospital in Corvallis. He was born to Lee and Doris (Nelson) Wilson on September 26, 1947 in Port Angeles, Washington and came to Everett, Washington with his family when he was three years old. He received his education in the Everett schools, Central Washington University, and Oregon State University, earning a degree in Sociology. Terry loved sports from his boyhood days, playing Little League baseball, Pop Warner football and then basketball and football at Cascade High School. He also loved hunting, fishing, and golfing. His life was interrupted by the Viet Nam War. During his enlistment in the Army, he served 1 year in Viet Nam and was a surgical assistant at the field hopital in Chu Lai. Terry moved to Corvallis in 1974 and was employed at Children's Farm Home for 19 years and then later was employed at ATS until the time of his death. Terry was preceded in death by his mother, Doris, in 2006. He is survived by his father, Lee Wilson of Everett; siste, Dianne (Gary) Bye of Helena, Montana; sister, Becky (Ron) Reimer of Marysville, Washington; plus eight nieces and nephews; and his many friends. Arrangements are in the care of Evans Funeral Chapel & Crematory, Inc. in Anacortes, Washington and the San Juan Islands. To share memories of Terry, please sign the online guest register at www.evanschapel.com .

Peace to all,

Rich

Archived