Gibson Brands Forums

are you a pathetic loser????

ok yall, axe's thread made me think

If you attend the forums while working, you probably cant bring a guitar to work, but if you are sitting @ home, probably logged on to a laptop style computer, do you practise guitar while surfing the forums? yes or no?

maybe you believe in the BB king approach, where you practise for maybe 30 minutes to an hour of intense focused practise, as opposed to spending hours of just kinda running through licks, thus making internet surfing while practising useless

vote in the poll!

Wouldn't let me vote... but I do bounce back and forth while practicing in my studio... Sometimes I'll practice and hour straight and when I take a brake I have a look at what's been going on... Other times I'll be prcticing and have a look every 15 minutes or so. Does that make me a pathetic forum looser....#-o Just obsessed...:D

I quit practicing years ago (and it probably shows). But to answer the question...

When I am reading this forum, my guitars are elsewhere. When a guitar is in my hand, the computer (and this forum) are far from my mind.

Unfortunately, my practice space and my computer are right next to each other, so that sometimes when I try to practice I get distracted by the computer. Fortunately, my computer is so close to my practice space that sometimes when I'm on my computer, I'll get bored and start playing!

Honestly, if I could have a separate room where I could keep all of my gear and where I could practice, I would make sure to keep my computer in another room. I would definitely have a sound system with a CD input (for when I'm trying to learn a song by ear) and I might keep a few good books in there (for short breaks,) and I'd keep a phone in there (so that I could answer calls if I need to,) I would keep the computer OUT of that room, for the simple reason that it's the second most-effective distraction in my home (my guitars being my first.) Until I move out of my parents' place, however, I don't see that happening...

Archived