Gibson Brands Forums

Rehearsal recordings

surfpup

As requested here are a couple of rehearsal recordings of my newly found on Craigslist power trio (no name yet). :-k

Crossroads

Fire

I'm feeling like the songs sound pretty good for a new band (8th rehearsal). We have about 20 songs together and more importantly we are beginning to gel. It's been fun so far.

BTW, it's just a couple of room mics so it's very "live".

Feedback is of course appreciated....

Haven't finished listening, but my god, you guys are great!

Who's doing vocals? Man, this is awesome. If you had an album, I'd buy a copy.

I understand that the recording is all done with a few room mics, so I understand why the mix is a little unbalanced. But this is just the kind of stuff I like to hear. Everyone sounds like they're playing on time, the vocals are pretty sweet, and the solos are just the kinds that I like hearing. Hot stuff, really!

Want recommendations on names? I could give a few, if you'd like.

Thanks, guys. I'm singing on Crossroads and the backups on Fire. The bass player, Rob, sings lead on Fire. We need to have separate EQs - what sounds good for him doesn't work so well for me. Hopefully we can work on this Sunday (rehearsal day).

Thanks guys. As I said, I'm feeling pretty good about this so far.

No gigs scheduled yet. We need to nail down some more songs, but they are coming pretty quickly. If everyone does his homework, we add 2 or 3 songs each Sunday. This week's homework is Albert King's "Killing Floor" and Johnny Winter's cover of Dylan's "From A Buick 6".

Also I am still adjusting to playing and singing at the same time (I sing lead on most of the songs). The last few weeks have required some serious work on my part, which I am enjoying. On the Allman Brother's "One Way Out" for example I have to be Dickey, Duane, and Gregg! It's kickin' my a** (but in a good way).

I'd also like to get them working on some originals. We've tried some of my songs, but since I wrote them as solo/singer-songwriter guy, they don't fit so well. We need to start writing together soon.

Aye, it's coming together well...

Frankly I especially liked the thing that one actually could hear the vocals. I rather dislike it when there's so much sound behind them that voice is lost to an overall "noise." It seems you've more than escaped that potential. <grin>

Keep it up!

m

Frankly I especially liked the thing that one actually could hear the vocals. ...

That's one of the things I really like about the three piece band. This is my first time playing in a trio, and I notice that everyone can hear everything - warts and all. There is really no place to hide. It's also nice not to have to turn up for solos and what not. I can usually just back off my string attack to sing too.

Archived