Time: Production Number 13

Sex: Oh Yeah!

Weight: 5.22 lbs.

Length: (scale) 25-1/2"

DSC01308.jpg?t=1258402930

DSC01311.jpg?t=1258402996

DSC01317.jpg?t=1258403046

DSC01297.jpg?t=1258403134

I showed the back twice, 'cause that's what sold me on this guitar... not stained cherry red like most Doves or every "DIF" I've ever seen!

Bob

Oh I'm so jealous' date=' and getting greener by the minute. That is strikingly gorgeous. Those really are beautiful guitars. I'll bet it smells divine...... <sigh>

Can't wait to hear your review......[/quote']

That's sweet of you. It smells as good as it looks....

It came Friday...I had to go out of town on Saturday AM, got back last night. I didn't want to take it with me 'cause I didn't want to "bang" in around inside the motor home.

But... I did play it compared to my '79 Dove. I compared the bracing, (there IS a lot more in the Dove), and compared the sound. The Dove is brighter, the DIF is more "growly" with a bass that won't quit. They both play about the same, but now I'm going to take the Dove in and have a luthier friend set it up for me, the DIF doesn't need a thing!

I'm afraid to play it too hard, (flat picking), and want to only wear sweat clothes so as not to give the back any belt rash.

Bob

I want it!!! So beautifullllll!

Man I will show those poictures to all my friends here arround! There is no doubt that the sound is better than the look!!!

Man we here envie you (a little ;-)

Play a lot' date=' please on this one![/quote']

Oh, you can count on my playin' it. But I like to just look at it..... One day, I'll pass it along to one of my grandkids, (of which I have none at the present time).

I lusted after a SJ-200 for a long time, (one of my friends had one), but the Dove and/or Hummingbird is my "cup 'o tea", so when I saw a "DIF" with a natural curly maple back & sides, I couldn't resist!

Thanks.... I'll try to get a video of it being played... maybe compared to the Dove.

Bob

That's one beautiful guitar! Even the tuners are gorgeous! Are you scared to play it?!!! Be careful, don't scratch it with your belt buckle!!! Excuse me, could you not wear a shirt with buttons on it before you play it, how 'bout a t-shirt?!!! Will you please wipe that forearm haze off before it dries?!!! Oh, I'm sorry, I was thinking it was mine there for a second! :-

That's one beautiful guitar! Even the tuners are gorgeous! Are you scared to play it?!!! Be careful' date=' don't scratch it with your belt buckle!!! Excuse me, could you not wear a shirt with buttons on it before you play it, how 'bout a t-shirt?!!! Will you please wipe that forearm haze off before it dries?!!! Oh, I'm sorry, I was thinking it was mine there for a second! [biggrin']

Larry... I haven't let anyone else play it yet.... not sure how I'll handle THAT ONE! I know my BIL will want to play it, and of course my brother...but I'll make sure they are without belt buckles and shirt buttons when they do. I've only worn sweats playin' it so far... I went all over it with a very close and critical eye... couldn't find ANYTHING to complain about. I have always kept my son's old diapers in each guitar case, (he's 31 fer cryin' out loud), and I wipe down the guitar and strings each time I play it, (but I've always done that will ALL my guitars, even the old Jubilee, who's condition might be less than pristine).

Right now I'd like to figure a way to video it being played. I tried my Blackberry, and it sounds so tinny it would be worthless as a demonstration of how it sounds. I'll probably try a digital video camera.

Anyway, thanks for the positive comments from you all. If there was ANYWHERE a guitar would be appreciated, I knew it would be here!

Bob

That would be a 'trophy wife' if it were female.

I gotta tell ya..... a guitar is beautiful' date=' and shares the body shape of a woman....but..... I have a trophy wife who is flesh and blood!

But I do thank you for commenting on the new guitar.

[img']http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac94/DanvillRob/Robnpia-a.jpg?t=1258583760[/img]

I want to hear a sound really.

If you can - send us some sound from that DIF pls.

It is a beautiful instrument - we want to hear its voice .....

MG...I'll try to do that this weekend.... I think it's interesting to compare my old Dove to this DIF!!

Bob

Archived