Gibson Brands Forums

what's the guitar you would love to have...but cant?

S t e v e

I don't really gas for equipment that I will not actually buy. For instance an R9 does not get me excited because I will not buy one, I have the cash to buy more than 10 of them but I will not buy one.

I wish my Explorer was made with Korina but not for the vintage correctness aspect of it but rather the lighter weight while keeping the mahogany tone. I have a bad back so light-"er" guitars are the way to go for me.

I am looking for my ideal Les Paul and even then I am buying used, mostl likely a chambered model for its lighter weight. I am gasing for one but it will have to be the exact one or I will not spring the cash.

Nope! With respect: An exercise in futility. What a waste of time' date=' lusting after some material thing that can never be your own? Goes against pretty much everything I believe in. It just ain't real.[/quote']

ahh come on guys cheer up! it's just a bit of fun!...any old excuse to see pictures of gorgeous guitars! [blink]

If bordering on the outrageous and impossible... I will go with your choice stevejoshay1.

In truth, I am not sure I have the time to find that guitar. I would have to play so many to find that tone, feel, persona, look, and most of all, it would have to talk dirty to me and be extremely flirtatious with everyone else.

When I stroke it softly it would just moan and groan and if I hit it hard, it would scream out with... I better stop here or risk getting banned! I tend to forget what you write in forums can be taken so wrong...[biggrin]

If bordering on the outrageous and impossible... I will go with your choice stevejoshay1.

In truth' date=' I am not sure I have the time to find that guitar. I would have to play so many to find that tone, feel, persona, look, and most of all, it would have to talk dirty to me and be extremely flirtatious with everyone else.

When I stroke it softly it would just moan and groan and if I hit it hard, it would scream out with... I better stop here or risk getting banned! I tend to forget what you write in forums can be taken so wrong...[blush

[laugh][lol]

Orville Gibson 1898 Acoustic Archtop

01-02_full.jpg

Either that or a Super 400...

do you see now why I'm glad you're back...? Because I don't think posts like this one could come from anyone.

I met my dream-guitar this weekend. My holy grail, up close and personal.

Gibson Les Paul Supreme Tobacco Sunburst.

(I have 2 photos, will post soon).

Archived