Gibson Brands Forums

THIS will probably cancel my gig tonight!

saturn

Snow is fun for kids, the plague for the elderly,...and what does snow mean for the ones in between?:-k

I've done 6 hours over 200km last Thursday, snow paralyzed Belgium in no time...

I hope you'l still be able to go out and play your gig saturn![blink]

Reporting from Belmar, NJ, a half a block from the beach...

So far, mostly a lot of wind and some light covering; you can still see some grass poking through.

I commented to my girlfriend, who has been watching the weather, "This is it?" She said, "Just wait, the heavy stuff is supposed to start coming down around 2:00 PM. We're supposed to get 12 to 18 inches." I said, "I'll give you 12 to 18 inches." She laughed but I'm not sure if I liked the tone of her laugh.

Reporting from Belmar' date=' NJ, a half a block from the beach...

So far, mostly a lot of wind and some light covering; you can still see some grass poking through.

I commented to my girlfriend, who has been watching the weather, "This is it?" She said, "Just wait, the heavy stuff is supposed to start coming down around 2:00 PM. We're supposed to get 12 to 18 inches." I said, "I'll give you 12 to 18 inches." She laughed but I'm not sure if I liked the tone of her laugh.[/quote']

HAHA, the same thing happened on the news a little while ago, some weather guy was talking to the anchor lady (It's anchorman, not anchorlady!) and he made a comment about getting so much snow, and then she's like maybe you can give me 9 inches tonight or something.

I lived in MD for 5 years and I always thought it was hysterical how they closed down schools and other places BEFORE the snow even came down.

While I was in the Navy and stationed in Charleston, SC they actually closed schools and most businesses down the day before it was "SUPPOSED" to snow! My wife worked for an auto insurance company and due to flurries, (nothing was sticking mind you) there were over 200 reported accidents because people were seeing the flakes and were distracted. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

While I was in the Navy and stationed in Charleston' date=' SC they actually closed schools and most businesses down the day before it was "SUPPOSED" to snow! My wife worked for an auto insurance company and due to flurries, (nothing was sticking mind you) there were over 200 reported accidents because people were seeing the flakes and were distracted. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen.[/quote']

I have to laugh at that stuff too. Spending my entire life in the Great Lakes area, snow is a fact of life. People just roll with it. Snow days? Never heard of 'em.

Reporting from Belmar' date=' NJ, a half a block from the beach...

I commented to my girlfriend, who has been watching the weather, "This is it?" She said, "Just wait, the heavy stuff is supposed to start coming down around 2:00 PM. We're supposed to get 12 to 18 inches." I said, "I'll give you 12 to 18 inches." She laughed but I'm not sure if I liked the tone of her laugh.[/quote']

:-s

So awesome.

Yeah, all "gigs" around here, are "Tentative" in the Winter months, because of "The weather!"

In the summer, unless a tornado destroys the building/venue...people will show up and/or play,

regarless. Might have to wait out a rain storm, etc...but, they'll still be there! Not so, in the

Winter.

CB

So Rich, that's what... somewhere between three and five times over the afternoon......?

/chuckle sorry man, couldn't resist...

Thanks for the pics Saturn! We love snow... like Stiff said, this area doesn't get a bunch....

(And the REASON they close schools down here is because people here are idiots and do NOT know how to drive in snow. Heck, they freak out if it even rains.... or the wind blows.... or it's sunny... [cool] )

Love snow, ChanMan? So far this year we haven't gotten snow down this far. Just the first cold-snap with temps in the low teens for a few days. Warmed back up now, though, close to 50 during the day while it rains.

Here's the chicken coop and driveway from last year...we're still waiting for now...and trust me, I could do without. [cool]

FirstSnow2008-10.jpg

Firstsnow2008.jpg

ROFL Cruzn!!!

I swear to you... I found that bottom pic somewhere out on the web and downloaded it. I've used it as my desktop.... [cool]

Beautiful scene. :-k

And I know that the folks who have to deal with it so much are sick of it... we love it because we have so little of it.

Yep' date=' it's officially canceled. Even if the bar was going to open, our bass player works at Martins Airport and will be stuck there all day and night clearing runways [cool

And I "crammed" all these songs for nothing :-k

Bummer, dude! But you'll live to play them another time at least. Better that than stuck under a drift, outta gas and a dead cell phone battery...I hate it when that happens.

Archived