Gibson Brands Forums

What does your forum name mean?

MojoRedFoot

I've been bending strings since my 11th birthday in 1974...........

I hope to exhale my last breath while releasing a monster "gstring to bstring bend" (yes, like a 'tard, I "pull" my bends as opposed to "pushing" them) someday.

Hence the forum name, Bender 4 Life.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to exhale my last breath while releasing a monster "gstring to bstring bend" (yes' date=' like a 'tard, I "pull" my bends as opposed to "pushing" them) someday.

Hence the forum name, Bender 4 Life.[/quote']

That would be the best last breath ever!

A young friend of mine had his family arrive in North America via boat. Interesting thing is that there was no record on the passenger manifest of people of that name embarking.

Another... I know a family where something like three brothers came to the US from Denmark. Each took a different surname as they arrived.

My grandmother's family, 7 brothers, came from German-speaking Switzerland. Bauman became "Bowman" before the end of the 19th century.

But then... figure that spelling was not exact for ages in English. The journals of Lewis and Clark would see the same word spelled in several different ways, and they were rather educated for their era.

Throughout the "American" west, and I'd wager the "Canadian West" is part of that, there was a popular old song that asked, "What was your name in the states." The idea was that folks wanting a new start, perhaps because of crimes, perhaps simply because they wanted a status upgrade, would change their names to begin a new life.

m

Same still kinda goes for Alaska, eh?

What with computers and all, it's tougher to escape the law, but people still try to escape the old life.

I know lotsa guys who worked up there and overseas, all told me that's often a common denominator.

Same still kinda goes for Alaska' date=' eh?

What with computers and all, it's tougher to escape the law, but people still try to escape the old life.

I know lotsa guys who worked up there and overseas, all told me that's often a common denominator.

[/quote']

Still possible.

They call it Mexico [drool]

Mexico

Nope.

That whole "Open Border" thing only works one way.

I've crossed it enough myself to know.

I'd be deported in a heartbeat - or jailed in a 3rd World Country.

Unless you're throwing around money down there' date=' those people DO NOT want you in their country.

Living within 150 miles of it reveals alot.

<-- See avatar.

Nope.

That whole "Open Border" thing only works one way.

I've crossed it enough myself to know.

I'd be deported in a heartbeat - or jailed in a 3rd World Country.

Unless you're throwing around money down there' date=' those people DO NOT want you in their country.

Living within 150 miles of it reveals alot.

<-- See avatar.

Boat!

Some of you guys and gals have some strange names. What's the meaning behind them?

Cruzn...I know yours and I still think it is classic. Tell me you have a vanity plate w/ CRZN FRT or something like that.

I'll start. mojoredfoot. Very simple. I have a pet redfoot tortoise named Mojo.

Mine started off as name I started using on the internet back when everyone seemed to use some kind of CB radio handle name. While trying to come up with mine, I read an article about ? & the Mysterians aka Question Mark and the Mysterians...about how they were still performing and recollecting the song 96 Tears, and how they were still kind of off the wall. So, the first forum (not this one) post I did on the internet, I used the handle of Question Mark and the Mysterians...shortening it in the next post or two to just Question Mark or QuestionMark. Later, I began recollecting how one of my favorite shows on TV when I was a kid, was The Fugitive (with David Jansen) and how at the beginning of the show they would always say the show was a QM production. So, somewhere along the way in tribute I began further shortening Question Mark to QM. After using the handle for awhile, I realized that my musical nick name outside forums is Jazzman Jeff, which I much more prefer...and that began trying to shift away from Question Mark to the name of Jazzman Jeff which I relate to more...so I've been signing things QM aka Jazzman Jeff as of late.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I hope to exhale my last breath while releasing a monster "gstring to bstring bend" (yes' date=' like a 'tard, I "pull" my bends as opposed to "pushing" them) someday.

Hence the forum name, Bender 4 Life.[/quote']

Hey I pull mine also......no lessons......doh !

My name is Isabel' date=' but people like Izzy.

It reminds me of a certain Guns & Roses axeman.

G&R was the first rock band I heard and liked.[/quote']

I love origional Guns! Izzy wrote such good songs and Axl's lyrics went with them perfectly!

I don't know exactly what he does now Neo but I know he is still friends with Axl and will come and play shows with GnR every so often.

Good post topic.

I have a collection of 50's and 60's tintoy robots. They are pretty precious and would give a Gibson a run for its money in terms of value.

Before I discovered guitar sites on the web, it was robots. My favourite robot was a robot called Cragstan's Mr. Robot - which I originally used as my name on ebay. So it has stuck - even with my compositions on UTube.

Archived