Gibson Brands Forums

Favourite Movie Also

Artie Owl

There are a couple of 'em.

Probably among the best are:

The Cowboys - John Wayne driving cattle to where I live. <grin> A little messy on exact years.

(We've had some of the "child" actors among local visitors recently for special events.)

The Shootist - John Wayne

The Wind and the Lion - Heavily fictionalized, but...

Quigley Down Under - The "hero" really is a Sharps. <grin>

The 13th Warrior - also the book. Noteworthy for showing cultural differences

(I recall the original book title was "eaters of the dead.")

The Last of the Mohicans - yeah, the Daniel Day Lewis version is better than the old BW.

Sorry but I haven't seen or even heard of anything recent that trips my trigger much, although there's something of interest in the "Matrix" stuff, Bourne series, etc.

m

Tough call... But, for so many reasons, I think that Terminator II is the best action movie to be shot... ever. I love every single scene in it, I simply find perfection in every camera move, every word, perfect timing in every movement...

Oops, I just forgot the best movies ever to be shot, regardless of category: The Lord of the rings. Period.

(I'm not an action movies freak. I think I can watch and appreciate all kinds of cinema).

While I like a lot of different types of film, I've been a sucker for Andrei Tarkovsky's films for many years and would have to pick one of his as my favourite. I'd say it is Solaris, with Andrei Rublev as a close second. Guess I'm just pretentious like that.

Archived