Gibson Brands Forums

Age Check

Rocky4

Good grief...

All a bunch of kids!

<chortle>

Actually I'm technically too old to be considered a boomer, given that WWII was still on and my Dad was still in the Aleutians although he'd finally gotten to stop worrying about another invasion...

No wonder I haven't heard of half the bands folks talk about.

On the other hand... I hate to say this, but I might consider an age swap with somebody in their 30s or 40s, but with a teen? I don't hate myself that much. <grin>

I kid that my self image tends to be about 35 until I shave in the morning and see a 3-D topographical map where I used to have a face...

Was takin' a pix of a nice young lady who was getting dental work today. She said they were giving her a crown. "Me too," I said... and showed her my lower plate. <chortle>

However, it's a dirty lie that I carried my guitar to school while riding a triceratops.

m

Can't rightly member.......but I watched leave it to beaver and Tom and Jerry cartoons..........only had 3 tv channels and on Sunday

the only thing on was roller derby or that davey and golliath claymation thing....................But Daaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvyyyyyyyyyyy that

dog was the truth........back then

I can imitate that ........But Davey ......exactly.....

Shred bringer...

Yeah, I figured that way too. Not from odd chemicals, either. Travel, almost backing a cat off a cliff my first time running one... etc., etc. etc. And yeah, a lotta folks I know who lived a lot less than I have ain't here to talk about it. Hmmmm. Hadn't thought about that cat trick in ages. Woulda been uncomfortable. Yeah, I've got some tales, but note that I'm still here to tell 'em, too.

Then I figured I was pushing not to make it to 50. That was when I would be in some places I might should have avoided.

Sheesh, darned if I didn't make it to where I am, and I figure I'll be here tomorrow.

As a friend once told me, it's better to wear out than to rust out.

I keep doing my best to test that theory.

Oh - one advantage, I never let my weight get really ahead of me. I'm a bit out of shape now, though, I'll admit, compared to when I was a kid of 45 - but I was training 3-4 hours a day at the time.

m

Let's say I'm not yet in the LAST catagory (Like Milo[biggrin] ). I came into this world on the tail end of the baby boomers.

The old saying is true, "If I knew I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself". You know you're old when you actually have a "band doctor". Or course there are percs to having a band doctor, like the ski trips to the lake, and the "script pad".

Archived