Gibson Brands Forums

Gettin Hitched

Rocky4

I proposed to my girlfriend of three years last week. We are getting married April 24th. I am so blessed! We seem to be a perfect match. She "gets" me, which aint easy. Beautiful, smart, sassy woman. She's in marketing and consulting, I'm a factory worker. Perfect mix. Her family is so musical. She majored in musical performance as a pianist until carpal tunnel sidelined her. She still plays beautifully. Her dad has a collection of acoustics, and her sister is a music professor at U of I. She has three boys. Her oldest is 13 and is advancing as a guitar player very fast. He asked for a bass for his birthday and took it to very easily. We are having the Dave Hoffman trio play at our reception. Dave was the composer and arranger for the Ray Charles orchestra for ten years.

As my father told me (at my first marriage, which was a bust after 12 years), there's nothing like having someone to share your life with! But I sure got it right the second time.

As for the wedding cake, don't believe everything you hear.

Here's a photo of our wedding cake:

4461962274_d55f978d5d_o.jpg

Can you tell I have a thing for Hotess Cupcakes.

Be Happy! Don't listen to all this BS, when you find the right woman they will all be envious!

Many congrats man! I'm really happy for you!Wishing all the best for you and your family in the future!

(but there's no wedding reception without a CAKE man! Go for it and don't worry for what ''changes after the wedding'' or not. Not all men / women are the same... enjoy the cake and whatever comes with it![cool] )

Archived