Gibson Brands Forums

Which decade of music do you prefer?

sgman

For me it was the seventies. It was just a great time to be around with all the bands and music. (with the possible exception of Glam pop)

So many great albums came out in the seventies like: Who's Next, Led Zeppelin IV, Paranoid, Dark Side Of The Moon, Exile On Main Street, The Wall, Hotel California, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Sticky Fingers, A Night at the Opera, Van Halen, Machine Head, Burn, Black Sabbath, Live at Leeds, Allman Bro's Live at the Fillmore East, Physical Graffiti, Houses of the Holy, American Beauty, Toys in the Attic, Lynyrd Skynyrd's One More From The Road, Frampton Comes Alive (I could go on and on)

Ah yes, the seventies!

I like some music from every decade, but overall I have to say the 70s. Maybe it's a little nostalgia, but I enjoy listening to even the 'bad" and cheesey music from that era. I love the studio work in the 70s too. They had really refined things bu then, but it still hadn't gotten to the digital stuff yet. Ex. Heart - listen to Magic Man or Barracuda or any other classic Heart song. Every note, drumbeat, background vocal, bass line etc. is perfectly played and mixed but not overdone. It still sounds classic yet modern to this day.

I voted 1960s simply because of the wide variety of music. Teen idol music, (quasi) folk, surf, hot rod, guitar instrumental, British Invasion, Muscle Shoals and Detroit Soul, Bubble Gum, garage bands, Power Groups (Cream, Blue Cheer), singer-songwriter stuff, corny whine-*** country, bluegrass, Hollywood Musical stuff, other Euro influences (Latin, etc) and even some rat pack music.

I just can't think of another decade that had that much of a variety.

I voted noughties....I interpret that as all known time. I cannot pick a decade that I prefer over the other. My favorite bands all started in the very late nineties/early 2000s. Except Metallica.

MojoRedFoot........I put "noughties" to refer to 2000 until now (most recent decade)[cool]

Archived