Gibson Brands Forums

And this thread was locked for... what exactly?

Hector Arcadius

Anyway, not point in asking stupid questions (they always provoke stupid answers... duh!).

Just making a short list here, of guys that used to be well-respected and contributing forum members, but decided (each one for his own reasons) to spend their time elsewhere:

DeVeeWee

Matt

Blue Moon

please be so kind to continue with the list, because I'm sure many more names will come into mind...

Most folks haven't left because threads were being locked. Most have grown weary of not being allowed to have an opinion, and have found places more conducive to learning, and far less close-minded than this forum.

Some have left because they have issues with authority.

On a more serious note and to answer the original post.

Roger G Lewis. : One of the best guys you will ever find.

Flight959 ; Although still around (a bit) has nowhere near his previous 'presence' and that is sorely missed.

Matt has already been mentioned but it's very much worth the repetition.

Thundergod keeps almost all of his most interesting posts for a different site.

Etc...Etc...Etc...Etc..

Swearing at people is not an effective means of communication. It's not acceptable conduct in public places.

If you want to be seen as feeble minded and lazy' date=' then keep on swearing.[/quote']

Yeah, what he said....

Vulgarity is a crutch for inarticulate m@therfxckers.

Yeah' date=' what he said....

Vulgarity is a crutch for inarticulate m@therfxckers.

[/quote']

Language should "paint a picture".... vulgarity is one way to do that, (albeit the lazy way), but if we simply use verbiage that covers the subject, we'd all talk like Henry Kissinger, (without the German accent), as opposed to Milod who "uses" the language, making his posts readable and enjoyable for all.

Another fault is using "verbal fog", and example would be saying "spouse" ILO "wife" or "sibling" ILO "brother or sister".

Language should be like a woman's skirt..... brief enough to keep everyone's interest, but enough material to cover the subject!

You two guys are naughty.

And... you should grow up.

Hmmmm. Maybe I will too, one of these years.... <grin>

CW, ain't Minnekesotant s'posed to be a little less naughty?

Oh, btw, we had a cupla kids from Minn. drive over here last weekend for Little Britches Rodeo and did quite well. Not much of that sorta thing back east in Minn.

m

You two guys are naughty.

And... you should grow up.

Hmmmm. Maybe I will too' date=' one of these years.... <grin>

CW, ain't Minnekesotant s'posed to be a little less naughty?

Oh, btw, we had a cupla kids from Minn. drive over here last weekend for Little Britches Rodeo and did quite well. Not much of that sorta thing back east in Minn.

m

[/quote']

I think it's too late for me.....

Archived