Gibson Brands Forums

do you find this funny?

S t e v e

definitely funny... I hope she didn't get hurt but definitely funny.... Question is' date=' why would she post that on YouTube??[/b']

5 minutes of fame is certainly worth your dignity isn't it? [blink]

It is sort of funny though!

Nope I don't really laugh at people hurting themselves just can't see the humor guess I spent too many years as a cop and paramedic.

Me too. I've never been a cop or paramedic, but I don't find it at all funny when people hurt themselves. YouTube is full of 'FAIL' videos, people hurting themselves, and I just don't get the humour?

Maybe because it's just too close to slapstick, like the Three Scrooges, which I also don't find funny.

Nope I don't really laugh at people hurting themselves just can't see the humor guess I spent too many years as a cop and paramedic.

Agreed! Just think about yourself falling down or hurting yourself in some way and people just laugh at you and your broken leg. Very funny indeed.

I'm not unsympathetic with folks who've managed to kick their own arse, so to speak, having done so countless times m'self. But, after having survived our own mis-steps, the stories are often quite hilarious in the telling, or, in this case, in the showing.

I could tell you about the time I was working on my scoot, wearing very sweaty coveralls, the kind with the full-length front zipper, and I received an electrical shock from the spark plug wire when I leaned over the bike and grounded myself right by my manhood. [blush] No; it wasn't one damn bit funny at the time. But, in retrospect, the dance I did, backwards, across the shop before landing on my butt on the desk, was the best steppin' I've ever done. :-$

Well, here's the thing--if the person is able to laugh at themselves after getting hurt, then they're fair game. The video ended up online, my assumption is that she put it up herself, my assumption from that is that she found it funny in retrospect. Ergo, I can safely laugh at her misfortune. S'all good. [lol]

Archived