Gibson Brands Forums

Gib$on $wag

deepblue

At long last I saw some Gibson swag at my local L&M.

Just a plain black T-shirt, and a black baseball cap with a simple "Gibson" written on it...

Thats exactly what I want....nothing fancy.

Then I saw the price.

uhhh, no thanks.

Yeah, I looked at the "lifestyle" section of the online Gibson store, the products did not get favourable comments especially for the price. Shirts (button downs) were upwards of 80$ a pop.

Considering shirts and t-shirts basically make you a walking advertisement you think they'd give fans a freakin break. a decent t-shirt is worth no more than $15-$20 (unless you're at a concert)

Or maybe when you buy a Gibson guitar or epiphone or what-have-you, you get a voucher for 50% off apparel in their online store, or something for frig's sake.

Yeah' date=' I looked at the "lifestyle" section of the online Gibson store, the products did not get favourable comments especially for the price. Shirts (button downs) were upwards of 80$ a pop.

Considering shirts and t-shirts basically make you a walking advertisement you think they'd give fans a freakin break. a decent t-shirt is worth no more than $15-$20 (unless you're at a concert)

Or maybe when you buy a Gibson guitar or epiphone or what-have-you, you get a voucher for 50% off apparel in their online store, or something for frig's sake. [/quote']

With tax, it would have been close to $80 to buy them both.

As youve said, its basically free advertisement for Gibson, so why milk the consumer?

I hate to say it, but I can see why the knock off $10 shirts are flying off the racks.

Hey' date=' lay off the kid, he's 15, he doesn't know what stuff actually costs yet![/quote']

Really? By the time I was 15 I had already worked two summers and saved enough money to buy an electric guitar, amp and my first car. You'd think in today's high-tech, online world even kids his age would "know what stuff actually costs." Then again there was a much stronger work ethic back then. This generation seems to want everything handed to them.

Really? By the time I was 15 I had already worked two summers and saved enough money to buy an electric guitar' date=' amp and my first car. You'd think in today's high-tech, online world even kids [i']his[/i] age would "know what stuff actually costs." Then again there was a much stronger work ethic back then. This generation wants everything handed to them.

"Please note your life experiences may differ from others on the same ride" - Universe

"Please note your life experiences may differ from others on the same ride" - Universe

That's true, but I have to say. I'm his age, I have a job, and I'm not exactly "driven". He's 15, ok cut him some slack but... I agree that this generation isnt exactly the hardest working, but some of us do work hard for the $ they get (I pay for everything I get).

I'm not even sure if that was a serious post.... dem00n being we.. dem00n.

It's not a big deal really..

I must say, he can afford a good load of gibson LPs but not a shirt? Common sense...

That's true' date=' but I have to say. I'm his age, I have a job, and I'm not exactly "driven". He's 15, ok cut him some slack but... I agree that this generation isnt exactly the hardest working, but some of us do work hard for the $ they get (I pay for everything I get).

I'm not even sure if that was a serious post.... dem00n being we.. dem00n.

It's not a big deal really..

I must say, he can afford a good load of gibson LPs but not a shirt? Common sense...[/quote']

[biggrin]

I'm the first guy to start complaining about Gibson's T-Shirts and other related clothing and swag. Too expensive and never did it go on sale. Now all they have to sell is the company's name on a black shirt, skully or cap.

How's about this for a slogan guys. "Gibson: Do I look like I'd play anything but an authentic Gibson." Or maybe, "Gibson: Of course it's authentic." Or "Gibson, Made in the USA." Or "Gibson, since 1894" Or "Gibson Les Paul Since 1950."

I was in the market for some new T-Shirts just this week.

This morning I received these three beauties from the Fender Store.

Because I'm an XXL I had to pay a little extra for two of them. That's all right, I'm used to it.

The Fender Custom Shop and Trademark shirts were $24.00 a piece. The Stratocaster Tools of the Trade shirt was $7.00 on clearance. $63.00 shipped and delivered the a day and a half later.

Snapshot2010-07-1315-54-03.jpg

Snapshot2010-07-1315-52-25.jpg

Snapshot2010-07-1315-51-41.jpg

Let me tell you a story.

Back in my video game forum days there would be tons...and tons of topics about the prices of limited edtion games, you know those bigs packs with little stuff inside and how they were alot of money.

I made my rule of "cant afford it? Dont complain" rule, which acutal shut most of them up.

If they went on with it, i just tell him how kids in africa are dieing cause they dont have a penny and these guys are whining about game prices.

So anytime someone complains about prices...just shut up cause theres always someone who has it way worse then you...dieing because of money.

Boy it sure get's confusing trying to remember why to be pissed at Gibson so if I remember

1. were pissed because Gibson doesn't make t-shirts and we don't get to show our pride of ownership. Like the Fender players can

2. Then finally Gibson makes t-shirts but there too fancy and have big graphics and cost to much and we want simple black t-shirts like Fender players have.

3. Then we want to design our own shirt for the Gibson Forum you guessed it like the Fender forum has. But we can't come up with a design that Gibson will approve and when somebody offers to have them made nobody buys any.

4. we all vote and want Gibson to give away free T-shirt don't know did Fender do that?

5. Gibson makes a simple black t-shirt just like everybody asked for but it has a bigger price tag then a fake chinese shirt so nobody wants to buy it and complains that it should be cheaper and widely available like you guessed it Fender shirts!

Wow I wonder why Gibson doesn't like to make t-shirts? and you guessed it I'm typing this wearing a Fender T-Shirt the new one with the thumbprint headstock I bought at Best Buy for $18.00

Let me tell you a story.

Back in my video game forum days there would be tons...and tons of topics about the prices of limited edtion games' date=' you know those bigs packs with little stuff inside and how they were alot of money.

I made my rule of "cant afford it? Dont complain" rule, which acutal shut most of them up.

If they went on with it, i just tell him how kids in africa are dieing cause they dont have a penny and these guys are whining about game prices.

So anytime someone complains about prices...just shut up cause theres always someone who has it way worse then you...dieing because of money. [/quote']

I'm sorry I hope we didn't offend you, how was that Mission of Mercy to Greece anyway? Get lots of saving the planet in? No? Just a massive waste of fuel to fly your *** there and be, if I remember correctly indignant about it all? Kids.

Archived