Gibson Brands Forums

Get Connected w/Gibson Chairman & CEO Henry Juszkiewicz

Guest Gibson Lifestyle

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else get this message in an e-mail?

We are sorry. You have been denied access to the "Conversations with the CEO"

forum at this time.

No reason was given (I believe I may not have filled my entire name out on the sign-up form). But still...

Now I don't consider myself an idiot when it comes to posting on this board so I'm a little baffled as to why I'd receive just THAT response.

It's certainly doesn't put Gibson customer service in a good light IMO (and yes, if it's a Gibson board then it equates to Gibson CS).

Anyone else get this message in an e-mail?

We are sorry. You have been denied access to the "Conversations with the CEO"

forum at this time.

No reason was given (I believe I may not have filled my entire name out on the sign-up form). But still...

Now I don't consider myself an idiot when it comes to posting on this board so I'm a little baffled as to why I'd receive just THAT response.

It's certainly doesn't put Gibson customer service in a good light IMO (and yes' date=' if it's a Gibson board then it equates to Gibson CS).

[/quote']

See http://4henry.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/196-denial-of-membership/

Well, I did give him all my personal information. Something I did not feel comfortable doing. This was a pretty big leap of faith for me, to trust Henry with my info. After all, I don't know him from Adam. But, I surely love the whole Gibson mystique and all, so I went for it. Then I get this cold rejection from the guy. must admit, my positive impression of the Gibson company has taken negative blow here. At this point Henry has all my info, but I have none of his, except a cold "sorry, not welcome".

Edit: added.....> eh, never mind, I don't give a care bout it.

:-k

I can understand that Gibson wants all of this personal information for Marketing purposes, but what I don't understand is why one is forced to reveal ones real name on every post.

The Internet is filled with very strange and in many cases criminal people. I would never divulge my real name to any- and everyone, who comes to the forum. What is even the point of having a user name, when I have to use my real name?

And I find it very sleazy that one isn't at least warned that the real name will appear on every post.

A million thanks for developing the Gibson Robot Guitar and its subsequent generations. I'm the owner of a 2008 GOR LP Silverburst. Even though first gen, it is still mind blowing technology that makes a huge difference for me as a musician. For many years I struggled to get in tune and stay in tune onstage. Things got better once I learned that every guitar needs regular service by a luthier - Got that covered and noticed a significant improvement. Regardless it is always difficult onstage because conditions can vary so much. First it's cold - then lights come on and it is intensely hot. A guitar goes through adjustments as the temperature changes. Using the Robot - my problems onstage are solved! I always struggled with a tuning pedal - either stepping on it inadvertently or disconnecting it by accident. Using such a pedal forces me to look down and away from my audience - have noticed this causes a disconnect in the energy between every song! Can't overstate the impact this guitar has had for me. I will purchase a DarkFire LP once you are again ready.

My suggestions for optimizing a first gen robot are: Take it to a luthier and have a proper set up and fret dressing performed - even though done at the factory - guitars change during transit and storage. You should immediately do this. Next - I suggest that you use a calibrated external tuner and set the "reference tuning" on the Robot to match it. This is automatically saved by the guitar but can also be accessed by turning the MCK to the I (vertical bar) position. Periodically re-check this. Keep an external tuning pedal in your chain until you are confident with the Robot. After a while you will probably want to discontinue the external tuner - you will be come confident with the Robot!

Signed,

David Lopes - Loyal Gibson Owner/User - Active Musician.

2008 Les Paul Robot

1974 Les Paul Custom Twentieth Anniversary

1963 Les Paul Melody Maker DC

1958 ES-125 T

• 2 weeks later...

What I want to see.

SG Standards with more finishes, rather than just 3.

Like a wood color, gold maybe.

Make sure they aren't rare or anything, just a normal gold SG Standard.

Also, cheaper guitar.

I'd see a nice 800$ Gibson Guitar with 500$ spent in mechanics and all, that would be nice.

I've been thinking for a while what I want to say to Henry to let him know my stance on things, and I finally chose what I wanted to say. So I registered and was approved according to the email I got, so I signed in, but the forum says I'm not allowed to post new topics or post replies to topics. What's the deal?

I've been thinking for a while what I want to say to Henry to let him know my stance on things' date=' and I finally chose what I wanted to say. So I registered and was approved according to the email I got, so I signed in, but the forum says I'm not allowed to post new topics or post replies to topics. What's the deal? [/quote']

You should get a second mail...........

than it's ok to post

[biggrin]

How do you reauthorize?? I was denied 1-2 weeks ago? I forgot to fill entire form, I missed some on accident. I redid, still can't post. I've tried emailing mods, theta NEVER answer not once!! Just abbot ready to give up, with no help from anywhere..

It shows me logged in as a member like others, no posting though......

Hello there, I just wanted to chime in with a question. I've been actively looking for a Les Paul Axcess w/FR for a few months now and haven’t had much luck in finding what I'm looking for....

The problem is I live in Memphis (bout 3 hours from the Custom Shop where they are made, not to mention the custom shop down on Beale street) and I would like to go to the custom shop for a tour perhaps and to sit down with a couple of these guitars to pick one out.

Sales reps, custom shop retail, customer service all say this is not possible.

Why? I'm willing to drive up at your convenience, and give you $3,500, is that not worth a little customer service?

I could buy one on line or order one from my local retailers, but I want to hold and feel a guitar that I'm fixing to drop 3 to 4Gs on.

You can take 3 guitars from the same cuts of wood, made on the same day, with consecutive serial numbers and 99% of the time 1 will stand out above the others.

Surely you can understand my position.

Kindest of regards,

Zandor

Ps: I too am having problems posting over at the Henry forum....any advice?

Good morning Henry. I'm a newbie here, but I have over 36 years experience playing guitar and recently made the switch over to playing Epiphone G-400s after being a Fender Strat guy for what seemed like forever. Anyway my gripe is,a few weeks ago a friend of mine and myself went to Guitar Center to try out some Gibsons. He was looking for a Les Paul and myself, I was looking for a SG. We tried out some of the LP Studios and Standards along with the SG faded series and could not believe the poor quality of some of these guitars. There were fret edges sticking out along with strings slipping whenever you would go to tune them. The Epiphones that were in the store , were IMO better built and even sounded better. I ended up walking out with a brand new Epiphone G-400 Vintage faded instead of a Gibson faded SG which I had my eye on. To say that I was dissapointed was a understatement. IMO, the Chinese over at the Epiphone plant have really upped their game and are giving Gibson a major run for their money.

I registered on August 24th. Still am unable to post or view my profile. After two emails to the web master I got this email from Jason Davidson:

Hi,

Are you referring to the 4henry.gibson.com forums? In this forum, new members cannot post until their membership request is manually reviewed which does take time as there are many requests pending. If approved, you will receive an email notification and will be able to post.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

service@gibson.com

Archived