Gibson Brands Forums

Your favorite live band!

morty

I also can't list all the bands I've seen as it would take way too long.

Nor can I narrow this down to 3 of the best. But I can say this. If any of the four bands listed below come anywhere near Nashville (or wherever I am living at the time) I WILL be there.

Unless it's at Bonnaroo.... Sorry, I did it once and it was a blast but I just can't do the 'Roo anymore. I'm too old for festival camping anymore.

Then again. If all 4 played the 'Roo.....mmmm ... I would do that!

My Morning Jacket

Derek Trucks Band

Ian Moore

The Allman Brothers Band

On any of these band's worst night they still give me way more than my money's worth.

• 1 month later...

1) Johnny Winter (2010)

2) Rush (2007)

3) War (2010)

Seriously, War is one of the best and tightest live bands I've ever seen. They really are capable of doing any song they want to do. During band member introductions at the end of the show, they ran through pieces of "Shotgun," "Iron Man," and a whole bunch of other famous non-War songs. Lonnie Jordan is one of the most incredible, charismatic and talented vocalists I've ever seen.

Started making a list of all the shows I have seen…too long…so my top three are:

1. Tool

2. Nine Inch Nails

3. Reverend Horton Heat

Bottom three for good measure…

1. Allman Brothers (love them but this was right after Dickey was booted so they jammed on like five songs all night, one long jam)

2. Lynyrd Skynyrd the second time. The first time was cool, until I saw them a year later and it was word for word song for song the EXACT same show, made me fill like a fool for falling for them the first time, zero spontaneity the second time around.

3. Dokken just tired and lame

Who in a smaller venue 1971 Forest Hill Tennis Stadium

Grateful Dead - outdoors.

The Band amd Bob Dylan & the Band

Hendrix (1967 Forest Hills Tennis Stadium) was excellent, but the headline group that night was the Monkees

sooooo most of the audience wasn't quite ready for him.

A couple I regret never having seen Pink Floyd and the Kinks.

Archived