Gibson Brands Forums

Best bands / Artist still doing tours or concerts?

blambo1223

I am starting to notice that the best bands are getting older and may not do any more concerts.

Hell, Mccartny's last tour isn't even in AMERICA!!!!

So, I am trying to roundup the best bands to go to before they all go away.

Heres what I've got so far.

B.B King (Already been too a concert)

Van Halen (They are supposedly doing a reunion concert)

KISS

Paul McCartney (If he hopefully does 1 last tour in America which I hope he does)

Seriously mad about Paul McCartney' date=' he was in my area playing at a concert last year and I didn't even know....

AND HE IS ON HIS FAREWELL TOUR RIGHT NOW (supposedly its his last one) AND HE ISNT EVEN IN THIS GOD DAMN COUNTRY :- [/quote']

He's playing the States right now. I got my tickets to see him Aug, 18th and 19th in Pittsburgh.

Then Rush in Sept.

There are a surprising number of "old timers" still playing.

Chuck Berre plays out every now and again.

I'm going to have to say, (probably the only one who's going to say this) BB King. I saw him last year, he was fantastic! Still got it, even in his mid-80s.

I gotta go with Iron Maiden as well.

hell yeah!! me too.... i almost got a chance to see them on their current tour when they stopped in chicago last month.... unfortunately though i had nobody to go with [biggrin]

FINAL FRONTIER IS COMING OUT IN 1 WEEK!!!!! #-o im really excited about it.... anyone else excited?

I just saw CSN and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. They were both very good.

I was never a big CSN fan, but I enjoyed them a lot especially "Almost Cut My Hair" and "Wooden Ships".

But Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were amazing. They played some of the new stuff off Mojo which I liked too. There's a new song "Good Enough" that might have been the best song I've ever seen performed live! No exaggeration [thumbup]

This version is good but live it was so much better. Mike Campbell is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHS8Ns-8bW0

Archived