Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Zakk Wylde ZV Custom

Growler

i like zakk and how he play metal.. =D> but if i pick someone to be blame of i think the guiltiest person is the one in the design departement... you know, you cant combine 2 things that already good cause it'll make it look strange and they still done that and throw that kinda thing in the market

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If dad hates it ' date=' the kid is going to love it. Ive seen worst, but then again i've got a Dean Caddy!! (see avatar) Stan.[/quote']

Yeah, but that Caddy is really sweet looking...at least with the finish that is on it. Makes it look sorta classy.

Ha! I just realized that it is an LP/ML combo. Yet somehow it works. Very nice guitar.

Didnt someone here last year customize an Epi to look like this new Zakk Wylde guitar? IIRC, they were calling it a SGV or VSG...or something like that.

Either way, its not to my taste.

And here you have ANOTHER compelling argument for keeping your guitars in their cases when not in use. That is CLEARLY the result of somebody's SG and Flying V going at it when left unchaperoned in the practice studio!

Or as Led Zep put it, "What Is and What Should Never Be!"

Tha reminds me of a video where someone welded the fronts of 2 car halves together. You did not know whether the car was coming or going, something like this guitar.

It is amazing that, there are a million ways to chop a guitar shape out of a block of wood, and all they could come up was this.......

Here are some more names of what they can call this thing:

The - "Frankenstein" (this would probably be a compliment though)

The - "We-Recycle Guitar" (I like this one best, instead of the Zakk bullseye, just use the three recycling arrows)

or

The - "I got no creativity left, so here's your new guitar" (but this name is too long, so maybe they'll use the acronym IGNCLSHYNG)

Stan's guitar I like and I usually don't like most Dean's(usually I dont get much past the headstock with Dean). I also like the Moderne and a few other of the oddball Epi's and Gibsons, this one won't grow on me...they can keep it... Looking at my original post I will add this, each person has their own taste in guitars, while this one may not appeal to many here, it may appeal to some, and if they are enough for epi to justify it I guess they can make what they want...lol... I like the Wilshire while others hate how it looks...to each their own I guess with their taste in guitars..

oh yeah, here is a pic of the Dean:

0702578SplitTailPrlWht780.jpg

Why do you all have to moan about guitars? There something to be enjoyed not loathed if you don't like it then please don't comment. After the last 60 years of most guitar designs being so well established do you make no

wonder that companies like Epiphone are trying to break out of the standard codes and conventions of guitar building?

Just calm down a guitar is personal to you leave people that like to be different alone.

Wrighty2012

Why do you all have to moan about guitars? There something to be enjoyed not loathed if you don't like it then please don't comment. After the last 60 years of most guitar designs being so well established do you make no

wonder that companies like Epiphone are trying to break out of the standard codes and conventions of guitar building?

Just calm down a guitar is personal to you leave people that like to be different alone.

Wrighty2012

Forums are for expressing opinions, no?

How is this breaking the codes and conventions of guitar building? Except for the wing tips and the headstock, this guitar is exactly the same as the Dean Splittail...right down to the V-shaped tail piece. Everybody has already said this, but I'll say it again. Epi is trying to get a piece of the young metalhead market. Dean seems to be doing well in that department.

Why do you all have to moan about guitars? There something to be enjoyed not loathed if you don't like it then please don't comment.

If you don't like other people's negative opinions, please don't comment.

See how silly that sounds?

Those are the 2 ugliest guitars I have EVER seen.

Wow, and to think somebody @ Epi thought this was a good idea. I wonder if he own's a mirror?

Yikes! That is all I can say.

I own a ML1979, it is WAY better looking than either of these 2 hideous combinations.

Archived