Gibson Brands Forums

More pictures of Gear, Come on guys, pitch in!!!!

Svet

Roger McGuinn has stated that he felt the Roland Jazz Chorus was the best amp' date=' for that clean "jangle" tone.

And, HE should know. ;>)

Thanks,

CB[/quote']

Mr. Ray from the band Miracle Legion used one back in the 80's. He always said it was the best amp for jangly clean tones.....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This my Gibby LP and my Applause AE 21 on a stand that I made for them. Oh yeah I have casters on the stand now.

beforetrip255.jpg

This a project vintage 50's Kay archtop I am working on:

DSCF4572.jpg

This is the amp that I have:

myamp2.jpg

And this is my 56' goldtop that I have in layaway:

epiphone1956goldtoplespaulreissue.jpg

And this is my daughter, she wants to be just like her Daddy!

PicturesCBphone_005.jpg

This is the newest addition to the family, got it for $50.00. Not to shabby but needs a little work.

DSCF4586.jpg

Sorry, I am late for the party... (But better late than never, right?!!) 8-[

Here's a pic of my most current gear (same as my avatar)

06 Epi ZW Custom LP (MIK)

08 Fender Standard Tele (MIA)

99 Peavey Ultra 212 All-tube (MIA)

00 Digitech RP14D Multi-Processor (MIA)

IMG_1803.jpg

Hey Charlie

You're obviously a big fan of sixties 'birds'' date=' I had lunch with Madeline Smith back in 1978 (do you get the 'Carry On' films?) check her out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-9Sfr5YVg

I was a bit of a spotty student 'dork' (bit more Brit slang for you) back then, but it brings back fond mammaries... sorry memories![/quote']

Ahhhh, Yes..."Vampire Lovers," right?

MadelineSmith1.jpg

MadelineSmith2.jpg

MadelineSmith3.jpg

So, what's this got to do with "Gear?" Well...she's pretty "Gear, Fab," and all that!

;>)

CB

Here's my 62 Reissue Strat before the recent mods.

PreModStrat.jpg

Here it is after the mods. New pickguard, knobs, pots, switch, and Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Pickups.

DSCF0140.jpg

And my Epi Les Paul Ultra 2. New Knobs in this pic. Recently posted the new tuners in another thread.

Epi1.jpg

Here's the group shot taken before the Strat and Epi mods. Seagull S6 Cedar acoustic.

074.jpg

This is the amp. 1974 Music Man HD210 - 130.

GuitarAmp.jpg

My contribution-

Sheraton II' date=' Epi Dot, SX stl50, Epi Valve jr, Peavey Classic 50, Harmony beater acoustic, Ibanez tube screamer, etc.[/quote']

Nice collection...but in your last picture, it looks that you're also making a collection of garbage cans...(just kidding )

I'll play along too and add mine to the collection!

GuitarsSmall.jpg

From left to right - Squier California Series Stratocaster, Squier California Series Telecaster, Epiphone SG G-310, and my knock of Les Paul GoldTop.

Still waiting for my parts to arrive for the Tele, I've played the damn thing once the whole time I've had it, and the rest of the time it's been waiting patiently for the new pickguard and bridge. Apparently they've been held up in customs, and could be there for 5 weeks! My knock off Les Paul is for sale to fund the purchase of a proper Epiphone Les Paul.

And of course my little Fender Frontman 25R amplifier, and trusty Vox Wah pedal.

AmpSmall.jpg

Pretty simple stuff really!

I don't like black guitars either. I like a lot of black and white guitars (rickenbacker' date=' epiphone 60s/70s solid bodies)

I prefer sunburst and woody looking guitars. Just my personal pref![/quote']

I also don't like black guitars. I prefer sunbursts for finishes where I can see the wood grain however I have seen a few gibsons and even the epi ultra 2 with the transparent black finish I would buy but they all have gold hardware. I also don't like gold hardware.

Just my personal preference.

Nice collection...but in your last picture' date=' it looks that you're also making a collection of garbage cans...(just kidding )[/quote']

It's recycling. One for plastic, one for cans, and one for paper. Haven't had to throw any guitars in recycling lately, although I thought about it with my firebird.

I also don't like black guitars. I prefer sunbursts for finishes where I can see the wood grain however I have seen a few gibsons and even the epi ultra 2 with the transparent black finish I would buy but they all have gold hardware. I also don't like gold hardware.

Just my personal preference.

I know what you guys are saying about Black, I own/(ed) 3 black ones, very hard to keep them looking clean... but both the black beauty and the p2 still look sharp anyways..

Archived