Gibson Brands Forums

JL Les Paul Jr. mod COMPLETED!!! (with demo sound clip)

duane v

Finally completed, and it plays and sounds pretty *****in.. well at least to me it does.... A huge thanks to Sammy Sanchez.... Great friend, he spent tons of time to get everything right.#-o

Anywhoo I did a little recording, and I recorded the lead and rhythm tracks dry (no effects whatsoever). And I plugged the guitar straight into the mixing board. The lead track is done with the neck Charlie Christian pup ( by Pete of vintagevibeguitars). And the rhythm track was done with the bridge Gibson p-90 pup...

click the linky-link for the demo

My pal Sammy prepping the neck and frets

277126.jpg

Images after the frets being dressed

277127.jpg

277128.jpg

Other images

277129.jpg

277131.jpg

277132.jpg

277134.jpg

277136.jpg

277137.jpg

I've known Sammy for years, and he always comes through....

When he gets back in town he's going to re-fret my other Les Paul and get the low wide frets outta there, and install some mountains for me.

Thanks for the link, I like. While listening to YOUR clip, I look to the side and saw BEATLES.

So, I HAD to start clicking and watching more BEATLES/McCARTNEY clips... A trip down

memory lane. I still LOVE to hear SGT. PEPPER LIVE!!!!!!!

Wouldn't let me listen to the clip for some strange reason, but I am able to view a very nicely done job, 'in it great when a plan comes together? Don't mind the picture, I'm glowering cuz I couyldn't see the button to snap the picture. Animalfarm says I look like the Boogeyman, I'm inclined to agree. Michael Myers aint got NOTHIN' on me...'cept the french knife.

Looks good.. and cool choices..

my soundcard is shot on this pc, but I'll check out the clips as soon as I get a shot at the other one.

There's a lot of guitar in those jrs, eh?

TWANG

Archived