Gibson Brands Forums

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a girl! (PICS UP!)

Geetar_Axl

I got her home today, and my god. Its nothing like I expected, the photos did apsolutly no justice. This ***** is bad, meanest and sweetest Les Paul I ever played. It blows my mind everytime I open the case, and that fresh Laquer smell, its nothing like what I thought lol. Its like a Cocnut Sunscreen hehe, I thought it would smell like Wood Varnish that we use in the workshop hehe.

Page 2 has the pics! [-(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!

I was wondering, I found a few surfaces scratches that bother me (perfectionist..*sigh*) Will Virtuoso take them out? Ive heard you guys say stuff like that I think?

And Ive seen picture of guitars with the Tail piece off, does it just slide off to make it easier to polish, what about the tune-a-matic bridge come off? Just need to know so when I polish her [-(

Congrats on your new babe!!! If you go taking it apart to polish her make sure you make note of where everything is before you do it... If you tape the adjustment wheels on the bridge that will help. When you take your strings off the stop bar will fall off so tape that down too or just carefully take it off and put it aside as you take off the strings. With no tension from the strings on the bridge the adjusting wheels will move very easy and could through your setup out of wack... Those wheels that adjust the hight of the bridge are snug and don't move easily when you have the strings on but with no string they spin right around with a simple touch. I usually count the number of exposed threads you see on the screw for a general marker of where they should be.

The Virtuoso will get rid of light pick marks and stuff like that... It will make scratches less noticeable but wont get rid of them. Its a great product though...

The new guitar smell is wonderful, now that you mention it it is sort of like a cocanut sunscreen smell.... they should maKe a cologne and call it New Gibson guitar Case Cologne.... hahahhahhaah

hahah yeah' date=' there are adjustment wheels one the tail piece arnt there?[/quote']

No there are screws on the tail piece, those don't tend to get moved around but the wheels are very loose when there's no tension...

Congrats on the new LP!

As for polishing and taping up hardware, you've been around here long enough to know that this stuff has come up a bunch of times in the past and that there's a search feature on this board. [-(

And Ive seen picture of guitars with the Tail piece off' date=' does it just slide off to make it easier to polish, what about the tune-a-matic bridge come off? Just need to know so when I polish her O:)[/quote']

Congratulations - looking forward to the pics. I took all the hardware off mine - it made it easier to polish. I set my own action anyway, so no biggie. You will definitely want the bridge and tailpiece out of the way. I pushed and switch the knobs down too so I had nothing in the way. Of course I was polishing up a faded - if you just need to get to a few scrathces, you may be able to avoid doing all that. Again - congrats and enjoy.

Thank you!

I was wondering' date=' I found a few surfaces scratches that bother me (perfectionist..*sigh*) Will Virtuoso take them out? Ive heard you guys say stuff like that I think?

And Ive seen picture of guitars with the Tail piece off, does it just slide off to make it easier to polish, what about the tune-a-matic bridge come off? Just need to know so when I polish her O:)[/quote']

Minor scratches and swirls? Virtuoso should do the trick. As long as their minor.

Good Stuff!

When I saw the title that said "PICS UP!" I figured the pictures would look like the one in your avatar. But when I saw your first picture in your post, my jaw dropped. It's unbelieveable!!! You're right, the picture they sent you gave your guitar NO justice. It looks 100 times better. Great catch!

Archived