Gibson Brands Forums

ioffer gibson les pauls for $200

scottsgh

i found this site while browsing, ioffer.com. there selling les pauls for under $200. they have the gibson name on them. go to the site and type in electric guitars. i e-mailed this guy asking how he's getting away with patent fraud. i"ll see if he gets back to me. take a look, these look very real! anyone ever heard of this site?

Well, the pictures are very nice, although I see a couple of things on his LP Custom that look a bit off; nonetheless I'd hate to see the POS that actually arrives at your door. Fortunately his prices are so ridiculously low that only a complete vegetable would be stupid enough to think these are real.

Fortunately his prices are so ridiculously low that only a complete vegetable would be stupid enough to think these are real.
Exacly, if he charged closer to the real price he probably wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

this guy e-mailed me back. yes freind, legal , here. i'm in bejing freind. yes, actual guitar in pic. freind let me know you want. have many guitars, freind. full of bad spelling. he blocked out the part in my e-mail where i said gibson. check it out, it's the jimmy page model. one guy at the top is threatening him, i can't belive he put it in his ask a question section. we should take up a collection, get one, see what kind of crap shows up, and get his address so we could nail him for patent and copyright infringement. he must be using real gibson pics, they look great. esp. the les paul custom.

we should take up a collection' date=' get one, see what kind of crap shows up, and get his address so we could nail him for patent and copyright infringement.[/quote']

Right. See how much fun that is; I'm sure the Chinese government will bend over backwards to see that justice is done. :)

When I first heard of this site I checked it out and was reading some of the feedback of one of the sellers and it stated " seller agreed to give me a full refund if I didn't post negative feedback" ooh wouldn't want to let the bad word get around! I don't know whats more pathetic the BS fakes or the fact that some are actually purchased.

mgm

Yeah, That crap is all over the place anymore. I read on a guys ebay garble that he was pursuing

legal action, Because another "seller" had been using his photos to attempt his fraud garbage.

Ironically, He stated in and along with this that ebay has yet to shut the "seller" down..? I had

always heard that even the FBI monitored for fraudulant stuff just like this. Take a guy set up

on the corner pedalling Nike stuff, Or Oakley and man the law is all over him. These fake git

fools are hoodwinkin' some of these folks out of a purdy good chunk of change. Granted, It was

purely their choice to send off the bucks. Hey, I'm living proof of rolling the dice too...:-$ I've

taken a few hicky's from some nutjobs on ebay and you just kinda figure one day they'll choke

on a chicken bone from a meal they bought with your moolah...:D/

Yeah' date=' That crap is all over the place anymore. I read on a guys ebay garble that he was pursuing

legal action, Because another "seller" had been using his photos to attempt his fraud garbage.

Ironically, He stated in and along with this that ebay has yet to shut the "seller" down..? I had

always heard that even the FBI monitored for fraudulant stuff just like this. Take a guy set up

on the corner pedalling Nike stuff, Or Oakley and man the law is all over him. These fake git

fools are hoodwinkin' some of these folks out of a purdy good chunk of change. Granted, It was

purely their choice to send off the bucks. Hey, I'm living proof of rolling the dice too...:-$ I've

taken a few hicky's from some nutjobs on ebay and you just kinda figure one day they'll choke

on a chicken bone from a meal they bought with your moolah...:D/ [/quote'] perfect! too funny

People who buy this stuff probably have Porsche keychains for their Daihatsus...

Don't blame the Chinese... They would not supply nor produce if there wasn't any (western) demand for cheap crap.

Wow a custom shop Zakk for only $185. What a steal.

The chinglish is priceless:

Please look at this item, very beautiful and lovely.Such a nice item is best suited for personal collection or a valuable gift,a display as well? It is really fantastic! Bid it with your confidence! You will not regret! Unlimited surprise waiting for you, what are If you are a collector please don't miss this good item. please do not miss so better chance to get it. Enjoying your bidding! It will bring you and your family happy and bless! God blesses you!!!

Wow a custom shop Zakk for only $185. What a steal.

The chinglish is priceless:

Please look at this item' date=' very beautiful and lovely.Such a nice item is best suited for personal collection or a valuable gift,a display as well? It is really fantastic! Bid it with your confidence! You will not regret! Unlimited surprise waiting for you, what are If you are a collector please don't miss this good item. please do not miss so better chance to get it. Enjoying your bidding! It will bring you and your family happy and bless! God blesses you!!![/i']

Sounds like, a fortune cookie.

one guy at the top is threatening him' date=' i can't belive he put it in his ask a question section. we should take up a collection, get one, see what kind of crap shows up, and get his address so we could nail him for patent and copyright infringement.[/quote']*takes a bow*. That would be me. I just got SICK of seeing these pieces of crap all over the site, so I couldn't help myself, so I went on a "threat frenzy".:-s

I doubt it will have ANY effect, but...whetever.

I just have one semi-rhetorical question about these guitars:

These “iOffer” units are Asian made replicas of famous guitars. Epiphones are Asian made replicas of famous guitars. Exactly how crappy are they in comparison to the guitars we all play and love?

I am NOT trying to start a riot in here … I promise. Nor am I planning on buying a counterfeit Gibson or Gretsch or Fender or anything else. I am just wondering how they stack up against the “legitimate” imports. I guess the only way to tell would be to actually play one … hence the rhetorical nature of my question.

Jim

Archived